Baar is a village in the canton of Zug
, Switzerland. It is located between Lake Zug
and Lake Zurich. The village is a popular home to Formula One racing drivers! The village is just 35 km from Zurich Airport
, so it is easy to drive.
Benefits of Hiring a Car in Baar, Switzerland:
- Flexibility: Having a car allows you to travel at your own pace and on your own schedule, ideal for exploring the Swiss countryside.
- Accessibility: While Switzerland boasts an efficient public transport system, a car provides easy access to remote locations and scenic routes that might not be accessible by train or bus.
- Comfort: Especially beneficial if you're traveling with family or have a lot of gear, having a personal vehicle can offer added comfort for your journey.
- Economical for Groups: If you're traveling in a group, hiring a car can be more cost-effective than buying multiple train or bus tickets for longer journeys.
Nearest Airport to Baar: The nearest major airport to Baar is Zurich Airport (Flughafen Zürich).
Distance and Route from Zurich Airport to Baar: The distance from Zurich Airport to Baar is approximately 50 km. The typical route involves:
- Taking the A51 from Flughafenstrasse.
- Following A4 to Lorzenbachstrasse in Baar.
- Exiting from A4 and continuing on Lorzenbachstrasse to your destination in Baar.
This journey usually takes around 40 minutes, depending on traffic.
Recommended Places to Visit in Baar:
- Zugerberg: While the peak is best reached by a funicular, once you're at the top, there are plenty of walking trails with panoramic views of Lake Zug and the Alps.
- Old Town Zug: A short trip from Baar, you can stroll through the charming streets, visit the Zug Castle, and enjoy the lakeside views.
- Lake Lucerne (Vierwaldstättersee): Around a 30-minute drive, it's a magnificent lake surrounded by mountains. The city of Lucerne, with its old bridge and tower, is a must-visit.
- Rigi: Known as the "Queen of Mountains," it's approximately a 45-minute drive to the base where you can take a cogwheel train up.
- Einsiedeln Abbey: A Benedictine monastery around 40 km from Baar, it's one of Switzerland's most important pilgrimage sites.
Baar's location makes it a great starting point for numerous day trips in Central Switzerland. Whether you're interested in nature, history, or just enjoying the scenic drives, having a car can enhance your Swiss adventure.