Daily Car Hire Rates in Baar
*daily rates in Baar based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Baar Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Lego Technic was made there for several years before being relocated to Singapore.
- The town is the home of F1 racing drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel.
- The Rocksack rock festival is held there each June.
- To aid its green credentials, free bikes can be hired near the town hall.
- With a rise in industry locally, the population has grown dramatically since the 1960s.
Baar Mini Guide
Where is Baar?
Baar is a village in the canton of Zug
, Switzerland. It is located between Lake Zug
and Lake Zurich. The village is a popular home to Formula One racing drivers!
How can I get There?
The village is just 35 km from Zurich Airport
, so it is easy to drive. Alternatively you can take the S-Bahn S9 line to Baar. Once you are in the village, why not explore by bicycle? They can be rented from near the town hall.
Visit the hollgrotten or ‘hellhole’ in the village and see all the stalagmites and stalactites.
Go to the Rathaus Schurr for entertainment. They have a year round arts programme including cabaret shows and music.
I Have a few days There…
Head for the mountains and use the skywalk and cable cars at Sattel Hochstuckli Park. See the animals and sculptures at Zugerberg Wildlife Park or take a lunch cruise on Lake Zug. Lake Zug also has many other water sports facilities including canoeing and sailing. Drive to Rigi and enjoy walks in summer and ski-ing in winter.
Where can I Stay?
The Hotel Ibis Baar is close to the train station and in the village centre. It has 66 rooms with Wi-Fi access for a small charge and the hotel has its own restaurant and bar. For total peace and quiet, stay at the retreat-like Zentrum Eckstein, just outside of Baar. There you can sit in the courtyard and enjoy a snack from their café.
Latest Update from Baar:
- As an alternative to all that scenery you can take in one of the regular performances at the theatre in Kirchenstrasse which is very close to the lake. They are splendidly performed and attract theatre goers from across the Zug region. The programme changes regularly and a visit to www.baartourismus.ch will tell you what's on.
- Nearby Steinhausen is the setting for the Village Festival on 15 July. With plenty of beer on offer 'Oktoberfest' style, music, dance and exhibitions, it promises to be good old fashioned fun.