Cheapest car hire in Umea Airport
*daily rates in Umea Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='11701' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='11701' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Umea Airport
- Umea Airport is located three miles from the city centre.
- It saw its first flight leave in 1961.
- Last year nearly a million passengers used the airport.
- It is the 7th busiest airport in Sweden.
- International destinations include; Bulgaria, Germany, Switzerland and Latvia.
Umea Airport Mini Guide
Umea Airport is a small public airport in Sweden which is known as Umea City Airport. It has the unique international airport code UME and so you can look out for this on flight boards round the world. Hiring a car at Umea Airport is a great idea as the airport is located just outside of the city of Umea. It is worth knowing that Umea will be a European capital of culture in the year 2014 so this will be an exciting time to visit.
This city is normally quite lively anyway as a major university is located there. It is also the main city of the Norrland region of Sweden and so forms a focal point for people who venture this far north. Umea Airport serves the north of Sweden and is the second largest as well as the eighth busiest airport in the whole of Sweden. On average around eight hundred thousand passengers used the airport on an annual basis.
The main flights from Umea Airport are with air Baltic to Vaasa and Riga, and with Malmo aviation to Gothenburg Landvetter
and Stockholm Bromma
. Most of the flights are domestic and airlines such as Next Jet connects with some regional destinations. There are regular flights to the main airport in the capital of Sweden with Norwegian air shuttle and Scandinavian airlines. Occasionally you can get a seasonal flight to other parts of Europe and sometimes Hello airlines connects with Zurich
Latest Update from Umea Airport:
- Following Arlanda's lead, Umea Airport is developing projects to reduce its environmental impact both in terms of pollution, carbon usage and noise levels. This year it's hoping to gain the award for most environmentally friendly airport in Sweden.