Cheapest car hire in Los Alcazares
9 seat minivan
*daily rates in Los Alcazares based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='19321' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='19321' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Los Alcazares
- Los Alcazares' population rises nearly tenfold during the holiday season.
- The town borders the Mar Menor, the largest salt water lagoon in Europe.
- The town and the surroundings have been used as film sets for films such as Garden of Eden, based on the Hemingway novel, and Green Zone, starring Matt Damon.
- The town and its lagoon have a longer tourist season owing to the fact that the temperature of the lagoon stays at nearly 4 degrees Celsius warmer than the adjacent Mediterranean. The lagoon attracts many water sports enthusiasts.
- In October it holds a week-long festival of sports, parties, processions and fireworks to celebrate its autonomy granted in 1983.
The nearest car rental agents to Los Alcazares:
- Avis - 40km (Tel: +34 968 20 1962)
- Budget - 40km (Tel: +34 968 97 5853)
- Europcar - 40km (Tel: +34 968 33 5546)
- Firefly - 40km (Tel: +34 671 78 1694)
- Sixt - 40km (Tel: +34 871 18 0192)
*rental agents based at Corvera Airport
Los Alcazares Mini Guide
Imagine a salt water lagoon famed for its healing properties. Now imagine this idyllic lagoon is within walking distance of a town with restaurants, bars and nightclubs in an area with 320 days of sunshine per year. The coastal town of Los Alcazares on the south east coast of Spain in Murcia
offers holiday makers all this and much more. Throughout history Los Alcazares and the surrounding coast, known as the Costa Calida, has been visited as a place to rest and relax.
Romans built spas there to take advantage of the balmy waters and by the beginning of the 20th century it began to boom as a holiday resort. It lies on the Mar Menor, Europe's largest salt water lake, and is separated from a long strip of land called La Manga
. The Mar Menor is hugely popular with water sports lovers and is ideal for swimming, sailing or kite boarding. Always being a few degrees warmer than the Mediterranean Sea, it is a great place to bathe.
The town is popular with tourists and the small population of 14,000 residents of Los Alcazares (pronounced Al-Katha-Res) is boosted up to 100,000 during the summer months.
Los Alcazares is known as the food basket of Spain because the area is so fertile and this is celebrated with a feast in the last two weeks of August at the festival of Huerta. Fiestas are held in the town throughout the year, but a good time to go is October as there are many festivities in celebration of the town being granted municipal autonomy including music, fireworks, windsurfing competitions and other shows.
Latest Update from Los Alcazares:
- On the 19th March, Los Alcazares celebrates the Feast of San Jose which to the rest of us is Father's Day. Much earlier than the date celebrated in the UK, it's a time when you'll see many dads being taken out and spoiled. If you're one of them, enjoy your day!