Cheapest car hire in Nelson Airport
*daily rates in Nelson Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='10669' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='10669' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Nelson Airport
- Nelson Airport operates international routes only for private jets.
- All commercial flights are scheduled domestic.
- The airport handled 865,000 passengers last year.
- It’s the sixth busiest airport in New Zealand.
- It was voted New Zealand’s Airport of the Year in 2010.
- Wellington is approximately 210 km east and Christchurch 420 km south of Nelson.
Nelson Airport Mini Guide
What's to Tell About Nelson and its Airport?
Flying into Nelson Airport takes you to New Zealand's heartland. The town is situated at Tasman Bay, on the Northeast coast of South Island and inland is surrounded by mountains. It is named after Admiral Horatio Nelson. Given the name, it might not be a surprise that there is a Trafalgar Street – home of the main shopping area. Nelson is popular for a variety of pastimes, which encompass beautiful beaches, tasty cuisine and fine wines, as well as a variety of arts and crafts - perhaps more unusually "wearable art" which even has its own World of Wearable Art Museum near to the airport.
Want to Know More About the Airport?
Hamilton International Airport receives flights from locations within New Zealand and internationally from Australia
; it also hosts small domestic private jets. Plans are now in place to begin accepting private flights from international destinations. There is a good set up with modern and efficient passenger facilities. Being small means refreshingly less far to walk! Transfers are available via taxi or shuttle. To get around freely and explore the heartlands and beyond, car hire is a good option. If you have booked a Rhino hire car you can collect your vehicle from the desks near the main airport building entrance/ exit.
How Can I Make the Most of my Hire Car?
With so many places you could drive to, it might be a stretch to fit everything in. There are several national parks and lakes in the vicinity. Enjoy breathtaking coastal drives and stop to relax on the beach, or explore nearby towns such as Richmond. Families might enjoy a visit to Natureland Zoological Park, which is also conveniently close to Tahunanui Beach. A drive into the surrounding mountains offers picturesque scenery and a panoramic view of the town and the bay and state highways offer a good network to take you anywhere else that your driving heart desires.
Latest Update from Nelson Airport:
- The airport is New Zealand's fourth busiest with over a million passengers using it each year. Passenger numbers have seen an 11% growth over the last year and as a result airport facilities are at full stretch. This sometimes means that hire cars are hard to come by - a good reason why you should pre-book yours today to ensure you don't miss out.