select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20985' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20985' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Astana
- Astana has been the capital city of Kazakhstan since 1997, prior to that the capital was Almaty
- With a population of over three quarters of a million, it’s the second largest city in Kazakhstan after Almaty
- After independence in 1990, the city was called Akmola which means white temple
- The city is quite remote and suffers near arctic conditions in winter, sometimes crippling the city
- It holds the record as the second coldest capital city on earth, recording a low of -51C
Astana Mini Guide
I’ve Never Heard of Astana?
Possibly because it’s one of the newest capital cities in Asia and was known by a different name until it became the capital. It’s also very remote so the chances of ‘just passing through’ are as remote as the city. Generally, it’s business people who travel there but the city’s attempt to become a major capital city also means it’s developing attractions for others too.
How do I get to Astana?
Astana International Airport is around nine miles from the centre of Astana and is served by many European and Asian cities. Air Astana fly from London Heathrow
so it’s actually very easy to get to the city from the UK
if you fancy something very different.
What is There to See and Do in Astana?
There is actually quite a lot for visitors to do including spending time admiring the amazing architecture. There’s the Baiterek Tower which is over 300ft high and affords a great view of the city. You can add your palm print to those of hundreds of others who’ve visited.
Khan Shatyry is an amazing entertainment and shopping complex housed in a huge glass tent. Even in winter the pale sunshine raises the inside temperatures to a comfortable level despite it being -40C outside.