Daily Car Hire Rates in Modlin Airport
*daily rates in Modlin Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Modlin Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Warsaw-Modlin Mazovia Airport was built exclusively for budget airlines
- The airport was a former military air base that saw action in the Second World War as a German Luftwaffe base
- The airport is twenty miles outside the city centre and will be connected by train directly to Warsaw’s central station
- The airport was constructed in time to serve passengers arriving for the 2012 Euro football championships
Nearest Petrol Stations to Modlin Airport
See the nearest petrol stations to Modlin Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Modlin Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Warsaw Modlin Airport Mini Guide
Why Should I use Warsaw Modlin Airport?
If you fly into Warsaw’s main airport you’ll be paying a higher price for your flight as it now handles only regular scheduled intenational flights, mainly from national carriers. Modlin Airport has been planned and built to take flights from the European budget airlines and so offers a cheaper way of getting to the Polish capital. Flying into Modlin also offers you a greater range of departure airports with five UK regional airports represented instead of just London Heathrow at Warsaw Chopin Airport.
How do I get Into the City from the Airport?
The airport is twenty miles away from the city centre but there are plans, as yet unfinished, to bring a spur of the railway route into Warsaw through the airport. For now, pre-booked car hire is available from the desk in the arrivals hall whilst buses and taxis operate from outside the terminal.
What is the Airport Like?
Warsaw Chopin Airport was becoming overcrowded and with limited options for expansion. The most viable alternative was to use the former military airfield at Modlin which had been closed in 2000 and to build a new airport on the site exclusively for the use of the budget airlines. Work began in 2010 and is intended to be completed in time to receive flights for the Warsaw fixtures of the Euro 2012 football competition. The airport has a single terminal but no air bridges for disembarkation so a short walk is necessary to enter the building.
What are the Facilities Like for Departing Passengers?
The airport has been designed and constructed with the needs of passengers paramount in the minds of the developers. Tenders have been called for to operate retail outlets at the airport and whilst currently some of the retail spaces are unoccupied it’s expected that a full complement of shops and restaurants will be in place soon. There are already ATMs across the airport for emergency cash and a currency exchange facility is due to open shortly. Wi-Fi is available at the airport for departing passengers and catering facilities include a café bar serving hot and cold food and drink.
Latest Update from Modlin Airport:
- The airport will not be ready for flights to Euro 2012 with a new completion date being set for 17th July. Despite missing out on the business related to the competition, Modlin has garnered dozens of flights with Ryanair and Wizzair including several routes from the UK.