Daily Car Hire Rates in Utrecht
*daily rates in Utrecht based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Utrecht Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Utrecht is the fourth largest city in Holland.
- It is part of the province of Utrecht.
- Utrecht has always been a hub for transport within Holland.
- Utrecht also has a strong program of cultural events all year around.
- The Dom Tower is one of the main tourist attractions in Utrecht.
Utrecht Mini Guide
Utrecht is one of the most underrated of the cities in Holland. Many people think there is nothing more to the country than Amsterdam
but this could not be further from the truth.
Utrecht is small but quite delightful with fantastic architecture and marvellous little squares to walk around. If you are in Holland for relaxation you can still find coffee shops and there are lots of lively bars as this is a major student city.utrecht city
The University of Utrecht is in fact the largest in the Netherlands. That may be part of the reason why Utrecht is second only to Amsterdam in terms of cultural activities, even though it is the fourth largest city in the country.
The city of Utrecht has 300,000 inhabitants but there are more than 800,000 residents in the wider province of Utrecht.
While driving around you have to be careful as the bicycle is the main form of transport in this country. Therefore you always need to keep an eye out for cyclists and make sure that you give way to trams. Having a car will always be rewarding in Holland as the country is so small.
You could make a decent tour of the Netherlands in a week and it will only take you an hour to drive to Amsterdam and about the same to get to The Hague. Amsterdam is accessible along the A2 motorway which also goes to Maastricht
. For Den Hague you take the A12 motorway which will arrive in Germany
and follow it all the way.
Latest Update from Utrecht:
07/05/12 - In 2012 Utrecht has organised what it calls 'Cultural Sundays' when various activities and exhibitions are available free of charge. More details of upcoming attractions in the scheme can be found on www.visit-utrecht.com.
- From the 16th to the 22nd October Lego World will be visiting Utrecht. The largest occasion of its kind will see huge Lego models, a cinema, Lego competitions and more reach the city - and of course Lego fans can sort through the mounds of second hand bricks available for sale.