Daily Car Hire Rates in Amsterdam Airport
*daily rates in Amsterdam Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Amsterdam Airport car hire
Hi, I am picking up a car at Schiphol tonight and have received a reminder from you. On the reminder right at the bottom under Customer Service it says to contact you if there is a problem on the number +**************. What is the number?
Hello, apologies for the confusion I will report back to our IT team, our number to call is +44 (0)845 508 9845 and you will be directed accordingly. Many thanks.
Amsterdam Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- The airport code for Amsterdam Schiphol Airport used to be SPL but now it is AMS.
- AMS is the 12th busiest airport in the world for passenger traffic.
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is a European hub for Delta Airlines.
- There is a free Schiphol mobile app to keep you abreast of all the latest flight developments.
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is located in Haarlemmermeer.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Amsterdam Airport
See the nearest petrol stations to Amsterdam Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Amsterdam Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Mini Guide
Amsterdam Schiphol is one of the biggest airports in Europe dealing with around 50 million passengers each year. Schiphol prides itself on being among the most efficient airports in the world and is currently one of only six terminals worldwide to have a four star rating by the aviation regulation company Skytrax. It has also won numerous awards over the years.
About two thirds of Schiphol’s flights go to other destinations in Europe such as Great Britain, Germany, France
, while the other third go to far flung worldwide destinations like Singapore, Indonesia and America. Airlines based there are KLM, Northwest Airlines as part of KLM, Transavia, Martinair and Arkefly. Many airlines also go to Schengen destinations from Schiphol including Alitalia, TAP Portugal and Lufthansa. Pier C of departure hall one deals with craft such as Air France, LOT Polish Airlines and VLM. Pier D of departure hall two has companies flying from it including Aer Lingus and British Airways while Pier E deals with Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines.
These flights are spread out across five runways and though the airport only has one terminal it is split into three large departure halls. This is then in turn split into different piers and concourses. A new terminal four was built within the main building in 2007 and there are further plans afoot to increase the size of Amsterdam Schiphol.
The airport is actually located in Harlemmermeer which is around 20 minutes south of the city, but you can make this short journey with ease once you have picked up your Rhino rental car. Your vehicle can be located in Schiphol Plaza – just follow the signs. The plaza is also a good place to do some shopping or grab a bite to eat. There are even some good Dutch pubs where you can have one of their many fine draft beers along with the bar snack speciality of bitterballen. make sure you stick to the drinking limits as Dutch police are strict on drink driving.
If you are going to Schiphol to pick your car up then you will be glad to know the airport is connected by a comprehensive network of trains. Make sure you buy your ticket in advance as there are heavy fines for boarding a train without a ticket. You will arrive at a platform underneath the station. However, check out our list of other Rhino car hire destinations in Holland and save yourself the train fare.
Latest Update from Amsterdam Airport:
– The flight operator KLM is increasing the number of flights from Schiphol airport to London City from this month. Meaning there will now be a total of 8 weekly flights.
- This autumn will see the introduction of one of the first A380 regular flights from Amsterdam to Dubai with Emirates. The airport has eighteen double jet way gates to handle the larger aircraft.
- Schiphol Airport is being touted as a replacement for Heathrow as Europe's main international hub. It's in a good position too with plenty of capacity despite being the 5th busiest passenger airport in the world and taking on several new routes this year.