Daily Car Hire Rates in Ventspils
*daily rates in Ventspils based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Ventspils Car Hire - Did You Know?
- The name Ventspils means ‘Castle on the Venta River’.
- The city was founded in 1290 and given its charter in 1314.
- An important shipbuilding city, Ventspils has launched dozens of ships over the decades.
- The city was destroyed in wars in the late 17th century and then finished off by plague a decade later.
- Today it’s known for its floral displays.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Ventspils
See the nearest petrol stations to Ventspils below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Ventspils to avoid any Refueling fees.
Ventspils Mini Guide
The city of Ventspils has a populous of around 43,000 and is located in the north west of the country of Latvia.
The city sits on the river Venta and also the coast of the Baltic Sea. The city is an important sea port for the country with much trade in and outbound due year round. Much of the city's success as a port is due to the ice-free nature of the port enabling merchant traffic to trade.
This successful port has made the city the wealthiest of the country. The city can also be accessed by Ventspils Airport that handles both national and international flights.
One of the most historic buildings of the city is Ventspils Castle which dates back 700 years and is preserved in its original layout. The castle has had many purposes throughout the history of the city including being a school, a military base and a prison. Today, however, it has been converted into a museum.
Ventspils today has made a great effort to attract a growing tourist trade to Latvia and promotes itself as a modern European city filled with cultural events and entertainment. The streets around the city are kept to the highest standards of cleanliness and make for great driving around and sightseeing.
In past decades due to the oil trade in the port the beaches were considered an ecological disaster area but with a lot of hard work by the city it has cleaned up the spills and now has a blue flag beach award.
The promenade on the coast is now a great location to spend evenings with festivals frequently held there.
Latest Update from Ventspils:
- Following the success of last year's 'Cow Parade' in Ventspils, a second helping of this very moo-ving event is being held on the 30th June. Celebrating everything 'cow', you'll have parades of cows in fancy dress, both live and models and more extraordinary spectacles - not to be missed!