Daily Car Hire Rates in Montego Bay Airport
*daily rates in Montego Bay Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Montego Bay Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- The airport is called Sangster International Airport after the prime minister.
- It’s known as the ‘Gateway to the Caribbean’ as it’s easily accessible and a major hub.
- The airport opened in 1947.
- Last year nearly three and a half million passengers passed through the airport’s doors.
- It’s the busiest airport in Jamaica and has expansion plans to make it a world class airport.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Montego Bay Airport
See the nearest petrol stations to Montego Bay Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Montego Bay Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Montego Bay Airport Mini Guide
Serving both international and domestic passengers is Montego Bay Airport which is more commonly known as Sangster Airport. In 2011 the airport handled just over 3.3 million passengers via its two main terminals.
One terminal is used for domestic arrivals and departures and the other for those arriving and departing for international destinations. Main airlines that provided flights for the airport include Air Canada, Air Berlin, American Airlines, British Airlines and Air Jamaica. In addition to handling commercial passenger flights the airport also has cargo airlines for those who need it such as FedEx Express and Air Jamaica Cargo.
Passengers can easily collect their Rhino hire car from Montego Bay Airport from outside the airport building at the pick up and drop off points on the ground floor. Around the airport passengers will find many amenities. The duty free areas within the departure terminals contain many shops such as Nickelodeon, Extra Extra which sells souvenirs, The Coffee Mill, The Perfume Shops and Buccaneer Duty Free selling wine and liquor.
For those in need of refreshments you can find many outlets. Popular choices include Island Grill where passengers can sample Jamaican cuisines. Jamaica Bobsled is an interesting restaurant selling national foods in the themed establishment which as the names suggests contains Bobsled merchandise.
Amenities include a smoking lounge in the upper level of departures, currency exchange in departure and ground transport areas and customer services in the public arrivals area and the departure lounges.
Latest Update from Montego Bay Airport:
- The airport is currently seeking to add new routes to Jamaica as it is operating well under its nine million capacity. New routes are planned from Brazil and from Asia, both hoped to come online by later this year.