Daily Car Hire Rates in Annemasse
*daily rates in Annemasse based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Annemasse Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Annemasse lies on the border with Switzerland in the south-east of France
- It is located in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes region
- Annemasse is approximately five miles east of Geneva
- It attracts Swiss residents who hop across the border to take advantage of the cheaper goods available in France than Switzerland
- Annemasse has an estimated population of around 34,000
- It is twinned with Gaggenau in Germany and Boisbriand in Canada
Nearest Petrol Stations to Annemasse
See the nearest petrol stations to Annemasse below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Annemasse to avoid any Refueling fees.
Annemasse Mini Guide
Annemasse is an interesting place to visit given its Geography. You are just a couple of kilometres from the Swiss border and the metropolitan city of Geneva and also within a short distance of the beautiful French town of Annecy. Visitors are also attracted to this area for its proximity to the Alps, known for their spectacular scenery; hillside villages and tourist stop off points. Many visitors to Geneva will take a day trip to Annemasse, a great French city to get a coffee and lunch as well as making the most of the affordable shopping prices, when compared to those in Geneva.
Places to stay in Annemasse
Given its relatively small size, there are plenty of accommodation options available to visitors in Annemasse. The area has a total of 16 hotels to choose from ranging from 2-3 stars. Be aware that these hotels do get quickly booked up during the summer months, especially if Geneva is home to a large festival.
Travelling to Annemasse
Many visitors to Annemasse will fly into Geneva Airport. Annemasse is then a short drive in your rental car. Rental cars can be booked in advance prior to your flight, this is the best way of booking a hire car and means it will ready and waiting for you at the airport. If you are planning on crossing the French-Swiss border in your hire car, please be aware that extra charges can apply.
The French border can also be crossed by foot at, Moillesulaz-Douane at street Rue de Geneve or another place to cross if you are travelling by car is Route Blanche.
Geneva Airport is a major international airport with a range of airlines including easyjet operating flights.
- Annemasse is a great place to go shopping and as such there are a range of supermarkets, shopping malls and farmer’s markets available.
- The centre of Geneva is just a few miles away and should be enjoyed for its parks, museums and cultural spendour
- Head to the Alps for outdoor adventures in the winter or summer months
- Take part in a cruise and set sail on the Rhone or Lake Geneva.
- Get up into the mountains and experience spectacular views from you very own cable car – Mont Saleve Cable Car
- Lake Geneva is just a ten minutes drive in your hire car – the perfect place for a spot of lunch and remarkable lakeside views.
Latest Update from Annemasse:
- You can have a heart-stopping experience in Annemasse with many ways to see the region from the air; from helicopter flights over Mont Blanc to parachute jumps into the valley and base jumping from the peaks, make sure your insurance is up to date - you might need it!