We have many locations available where you can pick up your hire car in Sicily including Trapani, Messina, Ragusa and Fontanarossa airport. Explore this mesmerising island at your own leisurely pace by hiring a car so you don't have to rely on public transport or pay out on expensive taxi fares. Rhino has a wide range of vehicles to choose from and whether you are travelling on business or for pleasure, we will have something to meet your requirements.
Rhino was voted Best Car Hire Website in 2010 and we are always striving to deliver our customers the best price and deal on car rentals. We do the hard work so you don't have to, by comparing prices across all the main car hire suppliers such as Sixt, Avis and Hertz to find you the very best price possible. If you have any questions or queries while booking your car rental in Sicily then please feel free to contact our customer services team who will be happy to help.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Sicily Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Sicily is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea and approximately 5 million people live there.
- It has an active volcano, Mount Etna which is in an almost constant state of activity.
- A coppola which is a type of flat cap is commonly regarded as a symbol of Sicilian heritage.
- Sicily has a classic Mediterranean climate, with long hot summers and mild winters.
- Italian is Sicily's official language, however about 70% of inhabitants speak Sicilian.
Sicily Mini Guide
If the country of Italy is shaped like a boot then the island of Sicily would be the football it is kicking. This is a wonderful place to go on walking or cycling tours. You can even take out a yacht for the day to see what island clusters such as the Aeolian and the Pelagie have to offer. Sicily is one of Italy’s 20 regions and it is an incredibly varied island which has mountains and beaches as well as other islands surrounding it.
Although Sicily is considered part of Italy it has a language all of its own -Sicilian. This dialect is made up of Italian, Roman and French among other influences and reflects the diverse history of Sicily, as the island had been settled by the Greeks, the Romans and the Spanish, to name but a few, over various points in time. These settlements have left their marks, making Sicily a fascinating place to visit if you are interested in archaeology. Don’t miss the Syracuse national park with its incredible Roman amphitheatre, or Kamarina, the ancient Greek city which was built almost 600 years before Christ was born. Sicilian cuisine is very special too; try the freshly caught fish dishes.
Visitors to Sicily will also certainly want to make the journey to see the incredible active volcano of Mount Etna where active lava flows. But Mount Etna at 3323 metres is not even the highest peak on Sicily – that accolade goes to Mount Lauro. All of our hire cars in Sicily comes with air conditioning which is a relief as the island gets very hot in the summer. Alternatively plan your trip for autumn or spring when the island is beautiful and the climate is a bit more manageable.
More Top Sicily Car Hire Locations:
- If you are lucky enough to be visiting Sicily this month then you could witness the Infiorata Festival in the beautiful World Heritage City of Noto. The festival is celebrated by covering entire streets in flower petals.