Daily Car Hire Rates in Glasgow Airport
*daily rates in Glasgow Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Glasgow Airport car hire
Hello, can you please advise... We want to book with your company but understand there are blocks put on credit cards (for excess) What is the cost of this?
Hi, if you can please confirm the date and location you require the vehicle then I can get a quote for you.
Hi, I've got an email offering free upgrade can I access this or is it for other european countries or is only for Glasgow?
Hi, the offer details will be included on the email, however I think that the offer will apply to all countries, but only certain rental suppliers. Please bear with me and I will just check the offer details for you.
Glasgow Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Glasgow Airport is the second busiest airport in Scotland.
- Glasgow Airport used to be known as Glasgow Abbotsinch Airport.
- Terrorists tried to attack Glasgow Airport in 2007 but they were foiled by a local hero.
- When Glasgow Airport first opened in 1966 it only offered flights to Europe and the United Kingdom.
- Glasgow Airport is owned by ADI Limited.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Glasgow Airport
See the nearest petrol stations to Glasgow Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Glasgow Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Glasgow Airport Mini Guide
Glasgow Airport is one of Scotland’s main travel hubs with flights as far afield as the United States seeing around 7 million passengers every year. The single terminal building handles all the domestic and international traffic with most services you would expect at a major airport. There are two active short stay car parks and one long stay. Courtesy coaches run every 10–15 minutes to the terminal building taking around 10 minutes.
Routes to the Airport
Glasgow Airport is an international flight destination with routes from all over the world including Las Vegas
, plus many domestic flights from around the United Kingdom and Europe.
How Do I Get to my Next Destination?
Once you arrive at Glasgow Airport there are many options available to continue on to your destination. By car is no problem as the airport is situated just of the M8 motorway and then onwards to Glasgow City to the east or Johnstone Greenock to the west. The M8 motorway also provides routes to many other locations. There are a number of car hire companies within the airport terminal or by pre-booking online you can find some great rates.
A mile from the airport is Paisley Gilmore Street Train Station and on average there are eight trains per hour that leave the station to Glasgow Central. The airport also provides a shuttle bus service into the city centre every 10 minutes.
An information desk can be found on the first floor of the terminal building. It provides terminal maps and answers to any questions.
Airport Hotel and Accommodation
There are a number of hotels close to the airport so passengers can stay nearby before their flight. There is even one only 500 metres from the terminal building guaranteeing you won’t miss your flight.
- There are many facilities for passengers including cash machines before and after security and public telephones.
- Duty free shopping is provided by World Duty Free and can be found after security. There are a number of other shopping outlets where passengers can pick up any last minute items before boarding.
- There are plenty of places to grab a bite to eat before boarding or relax and have a drink. From a light snack to a three course meal, every appetite is catered for with restaurants and cafes both before and after security.
- There is Wi-Fi internet access available throughout the terminal building (charges apply).
- Left luggage at Glasgow Airport is located on the ground floor near the check in area and is open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm and at weekends from 9.30am to 4pm.
For anyone requiring additional assistance it is advisable to contact your airline before you travel so any requirements can be arranged to assist you. The airport requires 48 hours to make any arrangements. There are many facilities provided by the airport including disabled toilets, shopping assistance and reserved seating areas.
Latest Update from Glasgow Airport:
- Flybe are introducing a route from East Midlands Airport in June whilst budget operator Jet2 will commence four new routes from Turkey, Crete, Rhodes and the Canary Island of Las Palmas from the end of this month.
- Jet2 have added eight new routes to their schedules to the Canaries and to several Greek islands. See their website for more details.