Cheapest car hire in Harlow
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Harlow based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='7802' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='7802' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Harlow
- Harlow is one of Britain’s ‘New Towns’ built after the war.
- It incorporated the former town of Old Harlow, now a suburb.
- The name Harlow is thought to mean ‘temple mound’ or ‘army hill’ a reference to the nearby Mulberry Hill.
- It has the longest system of cycle tracks in the country.
- Harlow is home to Britain’s first residential tower block and pedestrian precinct.
Harlow Mini Guide
This ‘new town’ was built by the government to help house Great Britain’s growing population. Just under 80,000 people live in Harlow which is considered to be part of the London
commuter belt and is within easy driving distance of England’s capital city.
Although the centre of Harlow is where all of its shops are located, you will definitely need to have a car to get to places of interest so check out our cheap Harlow car rental deals now and secure yours. There are many parks and the council does all it can to promote healthy living with outdoor activities in the parks throughout the year.
The main roads around Harlow include the A1019, the A1025 and the A1169. The largest of them is the A414 which goes west from Harlow towards Hertford. If, however, you take the A414 east then you will get to the east coast of England.
Harlow is close to both London Stansted
and London Luton
airports, two major international hubs which have connections with many world wide destinations. From Luton you can get low cost flights with Ryanair, easyJet and Wizzair to places such as Amsterdam
in Holland, Ibiza
in the Balearic Islands and Zurich
in Switzerland. Luton is a half hour drive to the north west of Harlow. London Stansted is even closer to Harlow, just a short drive to the north of the town, and is also a major hub for Ryanair and Easyjet.
There are a couple of golf clubs near Harlow. The Manor of Groves Country and Golf Club is to the north of the town while the Cannons Brook Golf Club is to the west of Harlow.
Latest Update from Harlow:
- Harlow has its fair share of arts too with the Marigolds Blues Club staging regular concerts and shows, the Marigolds Jazz Club and the Playhouse hosting ballet, classical concerts and shows throughout the year.
- At Harlow Rugby Club on Saturday there's the Harlow Classic Cars and Motorbike show. Ever popular for the beautiful vehicles on show, this year promises to be even better.