Daily Car Hire Rates in Grimsby
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Grimsby based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='14112' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='14112' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Grimsby Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Grimsby was founded in the 9th century.
- The name is thought to refer to its founding by a Danish fisherman called Grim.
- 22nd of January is Great Grimsby Day, a celebration of the town.
- The people of the town are called Grimbarians.
- It is Britain’s largest port and fishing centre.
Grimsby Mini Guide
If you want to learn more about Grimsby’s fishing heritage you can visit the Grimsby National Fishing Heritage centre. The impressive Dock Tower is also Grimsby’s main landmark and can be seen from miles around. Be sure to try some local fish and chips when you are in Grimsby. The town also hosts regular talks by historians on the town's past related to fishing and details of these can be found at the local library and town hall.
To get into Grimsby from abroad or another part of the United Kingdom
you can fly into Humberside Airport
(where it is also possible to pick up a Rhino rental car)
and make the short journey to Grimsby by car. Humberside Airport has flights to a number of European destinations including the Dutch capital of Amsterdam
and the Scottish city of Aberdeen
. An alternative way to go abroad from Grimsby is on the ferry line which calls in on its way from Kingston Upon Hull to Rotterdam
To drive to Grimsby you will most likely take the M180 motorway which joins the A180 road and connects Grimsby to the northern English city of Hull
and with the Midlands. Another option is the A46 road from Lincoln
There are a couple of golf clubs on the outskirts of Grimsby; the Cleethorpes Golf Club to the south of the town centre and Grimsby Golf Club to the west of the town centre. Grimsby has a shopping centre, the Freshney Place shopping centre which covers most retail needs. It has a few decent pubs to visit to but take care if you are planning on going out at night as some areas of Grimsby have a bad reputation.
Latest Update from Grimsby:
- Watch out for the signs of 'Grimsby in Bloom' this summer. The town is hoping to emulate its success in winning gold in 2009. Even if it doesn't win, the town will look all the more beautiful with its floral displays.
- Fishing is in the blood in Grimsby and on summer evenings at the National Fishing Heritage Centre you can listen to talks by local historians on the boom and bust days of the industry in the city.