Cheapest car hire in Durham Tees Valley Airport
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Durham Tees Valley Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='7788' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='7788' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Durham Tees Valley Airport
- Durham Tees Valley Airport used to be known as Teesside Airport.
- Durham Tees Valley Airport notoriously introduced a £6 charge on passengers to recoup costs.
- Peak passenger numbers in 2006 were 917,963 passengers at Durham Tees Valley Airport.
- In 2018 only 142,000 passengers used the airport.
Durham Tees Valley Airport Mini Guide
Durham Tees Valley Airport in the north east of England, is ideally situated for exploring County Durham and North Yorkshire. Darlington
is just 9km from the airport and the city of Durham is 39 km away. It used to be known as Teeside Airport.
How do I get There?
At present, five airlines use the airport. You can fly on a scheduled route to Aberdeen
. Seasonal routes include Jersey
and destinations in Spain
How do I get to the City From the Airport?
The number 12 bus service runs to the local towns of Darlington and Middlesbrough
and leaves the airport hourly. Alternatively, car hire at Durham Tees Valley Airport is a good ioption for exploring the local area.
What Facilities are There at the Airport?
At check-in and departures you will find a Travelex desk to exchange your currency and an ATM machine. Should you wish to start your journey in style, the Servisair Executive Lounge is available for a fee. You can have a complimentary snack there and watch TV or check up on your emails or browse the newspapers. Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport. The car hire desks are situated in the arrivals area, should you have to collect a pre-booked hire car for your stay.
What Choices of Shops are There?
WHSmith has two outlets in the terminal, where you can buy magazines and books to read on your journey. Alpha Airport Shopping has a wide range of tax free items for you to browse, including designer watches and luxury fashion items.
What if I get Hungry?
Café Oasis is in the main concourse and you can pick from a selection of hot and cold meals. In the departure lounge you will find Café Express, which is ideal for grabbing a quick snack before your flight. If you would like something substantial, go to the Yard of Ale, in check-in or departures, it’s an English style pub offering traditional meals and local beers.
What if I Need Special Assistance?
Special Assistance is available at the airport for all passengers with reduced mobility, wheel chairs can be provided along with support through the airport.
Latest Update from Durham Tees Valley Airport:
- There are mounting concerns that Durham Tees Valley Airport may close with passenger numbers plummeting following the introduction of a £6 passenger levy to help stem losses. The introduction has backfired with losses mounting ever higher and airlines pulling routes from the airport that have now become unprofitable for them.
- It seems that the airport's £6 levy has backfired as passenger numbers dropped another 14% last year and even the intervention of a 'Friends of Durham Tees Airport' support group has failed to ignite growth at the airport.