Cheapest car hire in Sochi Airport
*daily rates in Sochi Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20677' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20677' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Sochi Airport
- Sochi International Airport is the eighth busiest in Russia, serving two million people a year
- It was constructed in 1941 to protect the Black Sea coast of Russia from German attacks
- A new terminal complex is due to open in 2013 in readiness for the 2014 Winter Olympics
- 98% of the passengers using the airport are Russian but this will change dramatically in years to come as sporting events bring more overseas traffic
Sochi International Airport Mini Guide
Who Flies to Sochi International Airport?
At the moment it’s almost exclusively Russian tourists from the big cities, especially Moscow. Very few Western Europeans visit the resort which is a shame as it’s beautiful and one of the better resorts on the Black Sea.
How do I get to Sochi International Airport?
You’ll have a little trouble getting to Sochi International Airport as most of the airports that serve it are in Russia or the former eastern bloc countries. Your best bet is to fly into Moscow or St Petersburg
from the UK
and get a connecting flight from there. Once at the airport, the hotels of the resort are easily reached with a hire car which you can use afterwards to get to the mountains that overlook the city.
What is the Airport Like?
The airport has a relatively new terminal complex which was completed in 2007 but which is already being superseded by a new terminal complex due to open before the Winter Olympics in 2014. Facilities at the airport are adequate if not spectacular – bear in mind that it has serviced mainly Russian tourists now for many years. The restaurants and shops are all biased towards the regular customers and so may not appeal to international travellers but all that will change when the new terminal opens with more international shops and restaurants. Internet access is available at the airport for a small charge and there is plenty of parking for those that wish to leave a car at the airport.
Latest Update from Sochi Airport:
- Many new routes begin operating to Domodedovo this summer from around Europe continuing to increase passenger numbers at the airport. Concourse extensions are being prepared to cope with the increased footfall and should come online later this year and in 2013.