Cheapest car hire in Moscow Airport
*daily rates in Moscow Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20135' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20135' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Moscow Airport
- Sheremetyevo Airport is the second biggest in Russia and Moscow’s second airport
- It is located 19 miles away from the city, closer than Domodedovo, and handled over 22.5 million passengers last year
- The airport has two terminals, Sheremetyevo 1 and Sheremetyevo 2 which have only basic links and which operate effectively as two different airports.
- You can fly into Moscow Airport from many countries in Europe including the UK, France and Italy.
Moscow Airport Mini Guide
Why do People fly into Sheremetyevo Airport?
Sheremetyevo Airport is the second closest airport to the capital of Russia and is the main Moscow airport for the national carrier Aeroflot. Once at the airport, collecting a pre-booked hire car is a simple way to get quickly and efficiently into Moscow where you can spend time wandering the great buildings of the Kremlin or marvelling at the beauty of the iconic St Basil’s Cathedral. Others come to look around the treasures of the city’s many museums and galleries whilst more visit the Bolshoi Ballet for a performance or marvel at the scale of Red Square.
What is Sheremetyevo Airport Like?
The airport has two main terminals, terminal 1 for domestic flights and terminal 2 for international flights. There are only basic physical links between the two which operate independently of each other. Travellers intending to transit between the two should allow plenty of time as it can take up to half an hour to negotiate the distance between the two. Additions and new construction work have added new terminals to the sites of the existing ones and the renaming to a letter format has added confusion to the airports. Terminal 1 now encompasses terminals B, C and D whilst Terminal 2 now encompasses terminals D, E and F with D being connected to both parts of the airport.
What are the Facilities at Sheremetyevo Airport Like?
There are several shops and restaurants at Sheremetyevo Airport although the range isn’t as good as at Domodedovo Airport. Wi-Fi is available on a pay per use basis at the airport and there are banks and foreign exchange facilities at the airport too.
Latest Update from Moscow Airport:
- The final work on the terminal expansion has yet to be finished with a series of confusing directions between the terminals and their concourses. Allow plenty of time for getting to your terminal and to the boarding gate as getting lost is a frequent occurrence at the airport.