Cheapest car hire in Ercan Airport
*daily rates in Ercan Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='21788' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='21788' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Ercan Airport car hire
Hi, I have enquired re Hyundai Getz can you tell me what insurance cover is available I am 56 years of age with unblemished driving record
Hi, all of our rentals include basic insurance that covers you to drive the car legally, however as with any car insurance policy there is an excess to pay, you can see what the insurance excess is for each car (it varies by supplier / car type) under terms and conditions at the quote stage. We offer an excess protection policy that insures your rental excess, or you can take a policy direct from the supplier (usually more expensive), both are of course optional.
Useful things to know about Ercan Airport
- The airport doesn’t officially exist as it’s in a country that’s only recognised by Turkey
- To fly to Ercan Airport, all flights have to land in Turkey before continuing their journey, extending the flight time
- The airport is a renovation and reconstruction of the old Nicosia Airport, built by the British and Cyprus’ only commercial airport before 1974
- The growing popularity of the country as a tourist destination, as well as a home for expatriates, has spawned an expansion plan designed to double capacity.
- Familiar car rental agents like Avis, Europcar and Budget are not at Ercan Airport, instead you'll find local suppliers such as Cyprus Elite Rentals, Pacific Rent A Car and Trip Rent A Car.
Ercan Airport Mini Guide
Why Choose Ercan International Airport Over Larnaca?
Whilst many travellers choose to fly into Larnaca because flights are quicker and cheaper, you’ll still have possibly a two hour drive to your resort. Whilst you’ll pay a little more to fly to Ercan International Airport, you’ll be on the beach more quickly.
I’ve Heard Flights are Problematic
From the UK, Onur Air and budget carrier Pegasus fly from Glasgow
respectively. Both land in Turkey before continuing the flight into Ercan, usually Izmir
. This extends the flight time by around an hour.
What is the Airport Like?
The airport is reasonably modern but a little shabby – the North doesn’t have much money, and it can be a little crowded and chaotic on times. There are plans to modernise it and expand the facilities including building a brand new terminal but a lot depends on raising the finance.
What Facilities Are There at the Airport?
There are several car hire desks at the airport, mainly local companies, and just one duty free outlet. Various stalls and tiny shops sell cheap local souvenirs and Turkish delight. There’s a currency exchange booth and a post box for last minute cards.
Latest Update from Ercan Airport:
– The new terminal for Ercan airport is due to be ready for passengers in 2018. Construction of the renovated airport is continuing.