Daily Car Hire Rates in York
*daily rates in York based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
York Car Hire - Did You Know?
- York was founded by the Romans in 71 AD.
- It was built at the confluence between the River Foss and the River Ouse.
- In 866 York was captured by Vikings.
- Today more than 130,000 people live in York.
- The name York was first used in the 13th century.
Nearest Petrol Stations to York
See the nearest petrol stations to York below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to York to avoid any Refueling fees.
York Mini Guide
York in northern England is an ancient cathedral city which is well worth visiting. This medieval city in North Yorkshire was originally formed by the Romans and is rich in history. There are many sights to see. These include the site of the Battle of Fulford which was fought in 1066, a few weeks before the more famous Battle of Hastings. The York dungeon is good for an hour’s amusement as are the York Museum and the York Castle Museum. You may want to leave more time to take on the York maze however, which is made of maize and very easy to get lost in.
York is a good place to go for a pub crawl as it is said to have a pub for every day of the year. Some areas which are recommended, depending on your taste, are Micklegate, Coney Street and Goodramgate. Micklegate tends to be taken over by stag and hen parties so you may want to give this a miss if you are looking for a quieter and more sophisticated evening’s entertainment.
Coney Street would be the place you are looking for if this is the case and there are some good bars overlooking the River Ouse. Goodramgate has a varied mix of different establishments. One is the Koko bar which is fairly relaxed and overlooks York Minster, the largest Gothic cathedral in Northern Europe.
Latest Update from York:
- The north's answer to Glastonbury takes place at Galtres Parkland between the 23rd and 25th August. With seven stages each hosting different styles of music, there's music for young and old and the opportunity to camp, no doubt in a muddy field for yet more fun!