Daily Car Hire Rates in Southend on Sea
*daily rates in Southend on Sea based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Southend on Sea Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Southend on Sea is classified as a district.
- It is also a unitary authority.
- If you are using one of our inexpensive GPS devices the coordinates for Southend on Sea are 51.53789°N 0.71377°E.
- There are two train lines that run into Southend on Sea.
- Southend on Sea is connected by the A13 and the A127 roads.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Southend on Sea
See the nearest petrol stations to Southend on Sea below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Southend on Sea to avoid any Refueling fees.
Southend On Sea Mini Guide
This location makes it easily accessible for visitors to London
who want to go and see the sea for the day. They will not be disappointed as Southend on Sea is known for its seafront and there are fairground rides and an amusement park to entertain tourists.
Other attractions include an aquarium, a large bowling alley and a casino. Train spotters will also be fascinated by the diesel train which replaced the original electric line which ran in Southend on Sea since 1890. People who are looking to so some shopping in Southend on Sea should go there on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month when a farmer’s market takes place.
From Southend on Sea you can get to the M25 London orbital road with ease in your Rhino rental vehicle. If you are driving towards Basildon and Romford then take the A127 dual carriageway road.
To get to the London Docklands area you take the A13 road and this is the route which goes to London City airport
. London City is a fast growing airport in the London Docklands which serves many international and domestic destinations. These include Cityjet flights with Air France to Paris Charles De Gaulle, Amsterdam and Geneva, with Aer Arann to the Isle of Man Channel island and with British Airways to New York JFK.
There is in fact a small airport in Southend itself, but the only scheduled flights it offers are to Jersey on Saturdays during the summer months.
Latest Update from Southend on Sea:
- On the 17th August join the partygoers of Southend on Sea for the illuminated carnival procession that ends the week of the Southend Carnival. Following the seafront, the carnival will be a cavalcade of light and music, culminating in a grand firework display.