Daily Car Hire Rates in Hemel Hempstead
*daily rates in Hemel Hempstead based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Hemel Hempstead Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Henry the Eighth gave Hemel Hempstead its charter in 1539.
- Hemel Hempstead was developed after the Second World War as a New Town.
- Hemel Hempstead is part of the Greater London urban area.
- An estimated 81,000 people live in Hemel Hempstead.
- Kodak used to have European headquarters in Hemel Hempstead but they closed in 2006
Nearest Petrol Stations to Hemel Hempstead
See the nearest petrol stations to Hemel Hempstead below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Hemel Hempstead to avoid any Refueling fees.
Hemel Hempstead Mini Guide
Hemel Hempstead is a new town which was developed after World War II to deal with rising population. There is also an old town which was constructed around an initial Roman settlement and it has many pretty buildings including the town hall which are worth seeing for the casual visitor. You can also walk along the old canals and see the locks through which the barges have to pass. The canal there is the historic Grand Union Canal which is no longer commercially used but instead is a favourite haunt of boat enthusiasts and fishermen. It is part of the county of Hertfordshire and the borough of Dacorum.
Today about 80,000 people live in Hemel Hempstead and they access the town through the M1 and M41 motorways. That makes booking car hire in Hemel Hempstead a good choice if you want to have the freedom to come and go as you please without having to wait in the cold and rainy English weather for public transport. Drivers should prepare themselves for the infamous Magic Roundabout, a complex network of roads just outside of the town.
Although we would never advocate drink driving there are some nice country pubs in Hemel Hempstead where you can sit out in beer gardens over the summer months if you intend to stay the night. If you prefer indoor entertainment there is a large mall which has many options including ten pin bowling and the laser game Quasar.
With ice skating and a swimming pool among the attractions this is the perfect place to occupy small children for the day. We can supply family sized cars such as the Ford Galaxy seven seater to accommodate you too.
Latest Update from Hemel Hempstead:
- The borough's Canal Fields Park has just received a national Green Flag Award for the quality of its facilities and the cleanliness of the park. It's a great place to spend a warm summer's day and there are great walks along the River Bulbourne that passes through the park.
- On the 23rd of March, the Chipperfield Choral Society are hosting a spring concert with Faure's Requiem being the headline piece.