Daily Car Hire Rates in Carlisle
*daily rates in Carlisle based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Carlisle Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Carlisle recently hosted the biggest free music concert in the country - Radio 1's Big Weekend.
- Carlisle had city status taken away from it in the 1974 according to a local government act.
- An estimated 71,000 people live in Carlisle but there are more like 100,000 in the wider city area.
- Carlisle has one of the main campuses for the University of Cumbria.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Carlisle
See the nearest petrol stations to Carlisle below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Carlisle to avoid any Refueling fees.
Carlisle Mini Guide
Tell me About The “Border City”
Carlisle is proud of its place as the largest city of the Lake District. It is steeped in a rich history and surrounded by the myth and legend of times gone by. Fans of Mel Gibson’s ‘Brave Heart’ will be interested to know that the area was reportedly besieged by the legendary William Wallace himself. It has its own medieval castle, a 12th century cathedral and is home to the wonderful Tullie House Museum which leads you on a journey through the history of Cumbria.
Out and About
Carlisle is on the route of Hadrians Wall and if you follow the signs out of the city you can walk the route of the wall to the Irish sea coast. In the other direction, you'll walk fifty miles to the North Sea coast along one of England's oldest defences.
Want to Flex Your MasterCard?
Well you’ve come to the perfect place. When you’ve had your fill of the past why not head into the centre of town for some serious retail therapy. There are some excellent shopping centres filled with everything from big department stores to small souvenir shops that stock all the necessary gifts for your friends and family back home. From designer outlets to thrift stores there’s no shortage of choice, the only problem you’ll encounter is trying to fit it all in your suitcase!
Why not start your evening with a good meal and visit one of the local restaurants to sample some fine English cooking. Feeling a little more adventurous? Then try something more exotic. From the most trendy sushi bars to a traditional Lebanese meze, fresh lobster to doner kebabs you can travel the flavours of the globe without leaving Carlisle.
For The Night Owls
After dark, the city comes into its own, and it’s time to join the party. Whether you fancy a quiet drink and some good music or an all night trance experience, real ale or Cosmopolitans, there are bars and clubs to cater for all tastes. Carlisle by night will not disappoint even the diehard critics amongst you.
Latest Update from Carlisle:
- Radio 1's 'Big Weekend' returns to Carlisle for the weekend of the 14th and 15th May. The musical theme continues later in the year with a concert by boy band JLS.
- On the weekend of the 4th and 5th May, the Pirelli International Rally visits Carlisle as the second rally event in the MSA British Rally Championship calendar. The event starts at Carlisle Racecourse and heads off into the forests around the city.