Daily Car Hire Rates in Bournemouth
*daily rates in Bournemouth based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Bournemouth car hire
Hello. I wish to rent a car in Bournemouth on Sunday. Is there any additional charges for that?
Hi, there are not any extra charges for picking up on a Sunday, however please note that opening hours may be limited on Sundays.
Bournemouth Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Bournemouth Borough Council runs a green scheme to be environmentally friendly.
- Bournemouth is a known destination for surfing and an artificial reef was built there.
- The A338 road goes through the centre of Bournemouth.
- If you want to collect a car after a regional flight then there is also car hire at Bournemouth.
- The Boscombe Spa Village Development is a main tourist attraction in Bournemouth.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Bournemouth
See the nearest petrol stations to Bournemouth below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Bournemouth to avoid any Refueling fees.
Bournemouth Mini Guide
Ferry services operate from the neighbouring port of Poole (approx. 10km) and also the nearby ports of Southampton
. Ferries operate to the Channel Islands, St Malo, Cherbourg and mainland Europe. Bournemouth has two railway stations, the main Bournemouth station and Pokesdown to the East and there is a good local bus service. If travelling by car the M3 and M27 are direct routes from London. Bournemouth is a popular tourist centre and is renowned for its excellent beaches. There are seven miles of golden sands and clear blue water.
The Bournemouth International Centre is the venue for many major conferences and it also hosts theatrical productions and musical concerts. The main cosmopolitan shopping area is situated just behind the seafront. This area is mostly pedestrianised and has major department stores together with a good range of boutiques. There is a first class range of restaurants, bars, clubs and cafes and a lively nightlife.
Bournemouth has award-winning parks and floral gardens and these are perfect for a leisurely stroll or afternoon siesta. Good leisure and sporting facilities are also available. Dorset has a very striking and beautiful coastline and car rental is an excellent option to tour the area. Bournemouth is a good base from which to visit the nearby town of Poole and the market town of Christchurch.
The New Forest is approximately 11km from Bournemouth and is a beautiful area to visit. The forest has several national trails and is ideal for walkers. Cycling is also a popular pastime and bicycles can be hired in the Forest. Horse riding is also available. There are many car routes through the Forest although care should be taken as the forest is home to ponies, deer and cattle as well as many other wild animals and birds.
Latest Update from Bournemouth:
- Bournemouth may have a fuddy-duddy image but it's making its mark in the 21st century with an iPhone app that gives you the latest information on what's happening in the town. Download it from www.bournemouth.co.uk
- The Bournemouth International Centre, the BIc is hosting some top names in concert this year including Olly Murs and Olivia Newton-John. See bic.co.uk for more details.