*daily rates in Antalya Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Antalya Airport Mini Guide
The Airport in Brief
Antalya Airport is one of the busiest airports in Turkey with 22m passengers passing through its gates last year. The airport is situated 8 miles north east of the city which is easily reached by road. The airport has two international and one domestic terminal, all with plentiful parking divided into long stay, short stay and disabled parking.
How do I Get There?
As one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Mediterranean, Antalya has over a hundred airlines that fly there. Most are seasonal chartered and in winter, when only the scheduled airlines fly, the airport seems quite empty.
How to Get to Your Destination When you Land
There are no trains from the airport but there are plentiful buses including an airport shuttle bus that runs between the three terminals and the city centre of Antalya before heading on to the city bus station for long distance coaches along the coast. Several local buses run to destinations in Antalya and the outlying districts. Check at the airport information desk for schedules and routes. Taxis operate from the airport but you must fix the price before the taxi sets off or leave yourself open to ramped up rates upon arrival at your destination.
If you are collecting a hire car from the airport, the car hire companies’ desks are found in the public area of the arrivals hall of the international and domestic terminals. At busy times, notably in the peak summer season, you should pre-book your vehicle and send a member of your party through to begin queuing to avoid a lengthy wait at the desks. Leaving the airport, the access road joins the main coastal highway before reaching the outer ring road of the city. From here, follow the signs to your destination resort.
There’s an airport information desk in the departures area opposite the security x-ray machine and in arrivals by belt 1 of the international terminal and belts 3 and 4 of the domestic terminal. Here, aspects of your onward travel can be dealt with as well as general enquiries about the airport’s procedures.
What Facilities are There?
What if I Need Special Assistance?
- There is a branch of Garanti Bank in the departures hall together with several ATMs. In the arrivals area there is a branch of Currency Exchange, open 24 hours and an ATM. There is also a post office in the departures hall of Terminal 1.
- Antalya Airport’s shopping experience is good, with several designer stores plus souvenir shops selling Turkish products to remind you of your stay. An excellent duty free shop complements the shopping experience with a wide range of products.
- The provision of food at the airport is also comprehensive; from quick bites from take away outlets to Turkish cuisine at its best, there’s plenty to choose from for all tastes.
- The airport has a small medical room able to deal with minor problems which is located in the arrivals area.
- The airport is a Wi-Fi hotspot but the service is chargeable on a pay per use basis.
Antalya Airport has done all it can to help the passage of people with reduced mobility, including tactile walkways to key areas, low desks for wheelchair users and braille coded keypads across the airport. There is a Disabled Support desk where passengers should make themselves known and the airport will provide every assistance from there. Please be aware that you should give them 48 hours’ notice where possible.
- The opening of Alanya Gazipasa Airport sixty miles east should ease congestion at Antalya Airport. Meanwhile, the airport was voted 'Best in Europe' last year for facilities and customer service.