Daily Car Hire Rates in Chur
5 seat minivan
*daily rates in Chur based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Chur Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Chur is also known as Coire.
- People have lived here for nearly 6,000 years.
- The spring that supplies Chur’s water is also used for bottled mineral water.
- The city is high up in the mountains with its highest point over 7,000 feet above sea level.
- A legend tells that the city’s patron saint is the 2nd century British king, Lucius.
Chur Mini Guide
Tell me About Chur
Chur is a city in the Swiss canton of Graubunden that is almost entirely surrounded by the Alps. It is known as the oldest Swiss city due to its 5,000 year history as a settlement. Half of the town is actually covered by forest and water from the spring is sold as Passugger mineral water.
How Would I get There?
The city is 120 km from Zurich
and a meeting point for many of the Italian rail routes. The SSB train service connects many towns to Chur and once you are there you can use the bus service and town railway to get around. Chur is easily accessible by car too using the A13 highway.
What can I do in Chur?
Take a guided city tour around the medieval city centre and visit the Cathedral of St Luzius where you can see many antiquities. If you are interested in natural history go to Bundner Natur Museum and for a little art, head to Bundner Kunst Museum. The city has a large variety of shops and restaurants to keep you busy – take home a bottle of Cherry Liquer made at Ullius Chemist. Walking and skiing are key summer and winter activities, just one look at the scenery makes you want to get your boots on.
What Else can I do?
Take a train trip through the Alps – the Glacier Express goes over St Moritz
to Zermatt or you could go to the spa town of Arosa on the Arosa Express. In summer time, walk up to the vineyards in Bunder Herrschaft and sample some of their wines.
Where can I Stay?
It’s all about the views! The Hotel ABC is in front of the train station and has fabulous mountain views or try Minotel Freieck, it is a 16th century building with views of the old town.
Latest Update from Chur:
- The website www.churtourismus.ch has great savings for skiers. With several ski resorts in the region you can buy a lift pass to Chur's slopes but ski on all the others in the region for only an extra Swiss Franc. The offer is on until the end of April each winter so if you're thinking of skiing Chur next winter, visit the website for great savings.
- This summer, the local tourist information has introduced audio guides for travellers who want to walk around Chur and look at its sights. The audio guide is free but you'll need to pay a small deposit.