Daily Car Hire Rates in Buchs
*daily rates in Buchs based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Buchs Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Originally the city was known as de Pogio.
- The city is right on the border with Liechtenstein.
- It’s home of the stunning castle, Schloss Werdenberg.
- The city has been in existence since 765 AD.
- Over 30% of the inhabitants are foreign nationals.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Buchs
See the nearest petrol stations to Buchs below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Buchs to avoid any Refueling fees.
Buchs Mini Guide
Where is Buchs exactly?
Buchs is a small town in the canton of St Gallen
in Switzerland. It lies on the border of Liechtenstein near the town of Schaan. The town lies in a very rural area between the River Rhine and the Alvier Mountains.
How do I get There?
The nearest airport is in Zurich
and from there you can catch a train, it takes around 1 ½ hours. Having a hire car is the best way to explore the area as you will find the towns of Chur and St Gallen and also the city of Zurich are under an hour's drive away.
What Can I See in Buchs?
Buchs is mostly an industrial town but important to the area also for education and shopping. You may see a performance at the Fabriggli Theatre or see art and explore local culture at Kulturstudtlimuhle, a local arts centre. Outside of town, it is worth visiting the Schloss Werdenberg, a beautiful castle surrounded by a lake, it is shared equally by the towns of Buchs and Grabs. There's also a fabulous sensory exhibition where various exhibits are arranged so you only use individual senses to understand them. It is a great place to get to know more about how we interact with our environment.
Where Can I Eat and Stay?
If you want to see the city centre and do some shopping, the modern Hotel City Buchs is a good place to stay. It adjoins a shopping centre and gym facilities are available. You can eat out or stay at the Hotel and eat at the Restaurant Baren, it is a traditional old Swiss hostelry, where you can try rosti and fondue or raclette. If you want to stay out in the country, try the Landgasthof Werdenberg on the outskirts of Buchs, it has its own restaurant too.
Latest Update from Buchs:
- Each summer the city plays host to the Buchserfest, centered on Buchserhard
it's a huge street party with indoor and outdoor attractions for all the family. Thousands attend the event which is often linked with the Buchs Film Festival. This year's event takes place in June.
- in a week's time you can enjoy a full week of art from young and upcoming artists. The Liste is recognised as one of the most important showcases for aspiring artists and is often where youcan pick up potentially excellent investments for the future.