Daily Car Hire Rates in Torremolinos
5 seat minivan
*daily rates in Torremolinos based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Torremolinos Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Torremolinos was the first of the Costa Del Sol resorts to develop.
- The town takes its name from the Torre de los Molinos, a mill tower near the seafront.
- The resort prides itself on welcoming the gay community.
- After its near total destruction by an English and Dutch fleet the population dropped to around a hundred.
- The resort is now almost a suburb of Malaga.
Torremolinos Mini Guide
Torremolinos is situated on the Costa Del Sol and is the oldest and biggest resort on the Costa but still attracts thousands of visitors throughout the year due to its sunny climate and huge selection of hotels. Torremolinos was developed in the 1960's and has continued to grow and prosper as a popular tourist destination, predominantly english tourists, especially during the summer when plenty of young people visit to enjoy the sun, sea and sand and of course the lively nightlife!
Whilst cooler in the winter months Torremolinos enjoys numerous days of sunshine (approx 320 days of sunshine per year!) and still has plenty of entertainment to offer with which visitors can enjoy. There are traditional Flamenco shows, discos for the more young at heart, several gay clubs and of course endless bars, tavernas and restaurants at which to try the local cuisine or any of the typical UK
The beaches of Torremolinos can be reached either by car or by walking down (sometimes steep) narrow roads stopping to browse in the local shops on the way. The nearby port of Benalmadena is now also very popular and hosts many discos, restaurants, bars and cafes along with a beautiful marina of boats and plenty of designer shops.
Benalmadena comes in 3 parts, you have the old town which can be found inland and then the port and beach and Arroyo de la Miel which is the lively suburb. Torremolinos is only 7 kilometres from Torremolinos Airport so is easily reached by car. Most major flight operators tend to travel to Torremolinos throughout all the seasons.
Latest Update from Torremolinos:
- A huge project to give the city a facelift is nearing completion and hectares of public gardens and kilometres of trees have been planted to help negate the overall impression of a concrete jungle. If you were put off by the resort's history and reputation, it may now be time to look again.
- On the 7th June the city will celebrate the Pescaito Festival, or the festival of seafood. On the day, the fish that are caught by the fishermen are cooked on the quayside in huge pans as stews or on barbecues. The aroma is delicious and the food served accompanied by refreshing beer.