Daily Car Hire Rates in Oviedo
*daily rates in Oviedo based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Oviedo Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Oviedo is a key stopping point on the Way of St James pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela.
- A devastating fire on Christmas Eve 1521 destroyed most of the old city.
- Gastronomically, Oviedo is best known for Carbayone, a sweet almond pastry.
- It is well known as a party city and hosts many festivals and fiestas.
- Legend says that the town was founded by two monks in the 9th century but there are Roman remains which are much older.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Oviedo
See the nearest petrol stations to Oviedo below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Oviedo to avoid any Refueling fees.
Oviedo Mini Guide
Oviedo refers to both a municipality and a city in the north of Spain in the Asturias region. It is thought to have been founded in the 8th century by two monks. Later it was famously the site of the Siege of Oviedo during the Spanish Civil War. To get a good view of all the beautiful old buildings of Oviedo allow at least a day's worth of sight seeing.
Renting a car in Oviedo will give you plenty of scope to drive around and get a feel for the place and Rhino has cheap vehicles readily available. It has some incredible historical buildings which are well worth seeing including some impressive Romanesque shrines. One of these is the San Julian de los Prados and another is the Santa Maria del Naranco. There are also a few amazing cathedrals in Oviedo, one of which, the Camara Santa de Oviedo is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. As the one time seat of Spanish royalty there are also some attractive palaces in Oviedo.
Other sites worth seeing are the Foncalada and the House of the Llanes
. As well as seeing some spectacular churches, visit the museums of Oviedo to find out more about the city's fascinating history.
Today Oviedo is a bustling cultural city which has an international university and a prestigious awards ceremony - the Prince of Asturias awards. In the categories of international cooperation and arts vice president Al Gore and musician Bob Dylan have both been former winners of awards.
Latest Update from Oviedo:
- Like many of Spain's cities, Oviedo celebrates at least one festival a month but of the ones that are specific to the city, one of the best is the Fiestas de Begonas which combines all the traditional aspects of a Spanish fiesta with bullfights, fireworks, copious food and drink, Spanish dancing including flamenco, processions and more.