Daily Car Hire Rates in Inverness Airport
*daily rates in Inverness Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Inverness Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Inverness Airport is owned by Highlands and Islands Airports Limited.
- Inverness Airport is actually located in Dalcross.
- If you want to travel to the far north of Scotland then Inverness Airport is well positioned.
- The Inverness Airport motto is ‘local access global outlook’.
- The RAF used Inverness Airport during World War II.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Inverness Airport
See the nearest petrol stations to Inverness Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Inverness Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Inverness Airport Mini Guide
Inverness Airport is nestled deep in the Scottish Highlands and sees 600,000 passengers each year. There is a single terminal building that provides services to both domestic and European destinations so you will not end up at the wrong terminal! There is provision for both short and long stay parking within close proximity to the airport and the first 20 minutes are free for picking up and dropping off passengers. The airport is around eight miles from the city.
Routes to the Airport
Inverness Airport has a number of routes available from many locations within the United Kingdom and further afield as far as Sicily
How Do I Get to my Next Destination?
Travelling by car to any location is no problem as the airport is situated just off the A96 trunk road that links Inverness and Aberdeen
. If travelling by car to the north or south you would need to head onto the A9 which will take you out of Inverness and on to your destination. There is only a choice of two car hire companies available at Inverness Airport so pre-booking online may be a better option.
Inverness Airport does not have a train station nearby, the closest one is in the city. There are plenty of taxis available outside the arrivals area to take passengers to the city or further if required. Stagecoach runs a bus service between the airport and city every 30 minutes.
A tourist information desk can be found on the main concourse of the terminal building.
Airport Hotel and Accommodation
There is no accommmodation at the airport but there are a number of hotels close by including Castle Stuart which is just five miles away.
- There is an ATM located within the terminal building and public telephones.
- Despite there being no duty free shopping available at the airport passengers can shop at a number of outlets including a bookshop and gift shop that stocks local goods and food.
- There is a single bar/restaurant that opens during flight times and a bar/café at the airport both of which offers passengers light meals and snacks.
- First aid facilities are available at the information desk in the terminal building that has access to a first aid room. A chapel is available to all passengers and is aided by two local ministers.
- There is Wi-Fi internet access available throughout the terminal building.
- There is not a facility for left luggage at Inverness Airport and for any lost property issues then passengers should contact the duty security supervisor on +44(0)1667 464000.
Anyone requiring additional assistance can contact the Information desk where personal assistance can be arranged. There is also the provision of wheelchairs and ambulift. The terminal building at Inverness Airport is on a single level and it has the provision of disabled toilets, parking and dedicated drop-off area. It would be advisable to contact your airline before travelling so any requirements can be arranged to assist you.
Latest Update from Inverness Airport:
- Inverness Airport has seen a transformation in its operations over the last few years. Almost all the domestic flights within Scotland have been discontinued apart from those to the islands whilst international routes have experienced growth. A new route to Bergen starts this summer with Flybe and seasonal Swiss operator Helvetic will resume its summer flight to Zurich.
- Flybe's expansion at the airport continues with a new seasonal route to Geneva. This followed the success of Helvetic's flight to Zurich making Switzerland one of Inverness Airport's key destinations.