Daily Car Hire Rates in Edinburgh Airport
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Edinburgh Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Edinburgh Airport car hire
Hi, I'm looking at hiring the Nissan x trail or similar can you tell me if that's a 7 seater?
The Nissan X-Trail is a 5 seater. We have a Peugeot 5008 or similar available which is a 7 seater.
Hi I have a quote for a one way rental from Edinburgh to Glasgow with easirest, can you beat the price they have quoted me?
Hi, we will always match or beat our competitors, can you please let me know the dates you require the vehicle and I'll take a look now, i'm confident we can beat it.
Hi, if we rent a car with the credit card of the first driver and we have a second additional driver, can the second driver return the car without the first driver present?
Yes, that is fine as long as the main driver and additional driver are both present when collecting the car.
Hi Fiona, I am looking at the Toyota Yaris Automatic but note there is a 3 pound for an extra driver. Is there a limit to the number of days that is charged? We are looking at 39 days and I note some rentals are max 10 days
Hello, additional driver fees are per day, however there is often a maximum fee, in this case that is 11 days, so 3x10 = £30 fee for the additional driver, however of course they can drive the car for the full 39 days.
Edinburgh Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- The Edinburgh Airport terminal was designed by an architect named Robert Matthew in 1977.
- Edinburgh Airport is the sixth busiest airport in the United Kingdom in terms of passenger numbers.
- Edinburgh Airport expects to triple its passenger numbers by 2030 with a terminal expansion.
- The international consortium ADI Limited owns Edinburgh Airport.
- Edinburgh Airport is actually located in the suburb of Turnhouse in the west of Edinburgh.
Edinburgh Airport Mini Guide
Edinburgh Airport is situated approximately 12km west of the city centre and serves the Edinburgh area and the whole of Scotland. The main terminal building has two floors and all domestic and international airlines operate from this terminal. Arrivals are situated on the ground floor and departure gates are on the first floor. The airport is close to the M8 and M9 motorways and the entrance to the airport is reached from the A8 Glasgow
Road. For satellite navigation users the postcode is EH12 9DN.
The main rail stations of Edinburgh, Waverley and Haymarket, are situated in the city centre. Transport between the airport and the rail stations is provided by taxis or by Airlink 100. Edinburgh Shuttle buses can pick up or drop off at the stations. The journey time is normally approximately 30 minutes. A night bus, the N22, also operates between Waverley station and the airport. Buses to Edinburgh and other local destinations stop outside the main entrance on the terminal forecourt. Seven seater executive minibuses provide a shuttle service to the airport. These minibuses pick up or drop off at any point within the city zone. The service is frequent and runs approximately every 15 minutes.
National Express and Scottish Citylink operate services to and from Edinburgh’s main bus station in Elder Street. Some services also call at Waverley Bridge to connect with the Airlink100 airport service. In addition to this, some long-distance buses and coaches call at Ferrytoll Park and Ride. The airport has a choice of short stay car parks which are a short walk from check-in and arrivals or long stay car parks from which a courtesy bus operates to the terminal, valet parking is also available. Cheap car hire and taxis are readily available at the airport.
Edinburgh is the beautiful capital city of Scotland and a great place to visit at any time of the year. There are excellent sightseeing opportunities including Edinburgh Castle, the Palace of Holyroodhouse and the Royal Botanical Garden. The beautiful and scenic Highlands of Scotland are also well worth a visit. Numerous hotels are to be found near the airport, however Edinburgh itself has a vast array of hotels ranging from luxury retreats to budget stop overs.
Latest Update from Edinburgh Airport:
- It has recently been announced that BAA has sold Edinburgh Airport to Global Infrastructure Partners, current owners of Gatwick Airport, for over £800m. There is some doubt now over whether the remainder of the £250m investment BAA were to make in the airport infrastructure will go ahead and this has been coupled with the news that Ryanair are ending several of their routes to the airport from the autumn.
- As part of Edinburgh Airport's expansion plans, three new routes are being introduced this summer. New flights to Toronto Pearson, Antalya and Alicante expand the range of destinations for Scottish travellers.