Daily Car Hire Rates in Dundee
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Dundee based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Dundee car hire
Hello, looking to hire a car in Dundee for someone who is 75 and am unsure how much extra this is going to be
Hi, most rental agents have now removed the upper age limit on car hire, I can run a quote for you and just check options to ensure this is the case for your rental, but it should pose no problem at all. We also over an over 70 car hire discount in case you were not aware?
Dundee Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Dundee is the fourth largest Scottish city.
- It’s fortunes are said to have been built on ‘jute, jam and journalism’.
- Captain Scott’s ship RSS Discovery is moored in the harbour.
- The name Dundee is Gaelic for ‘fort of fire’.
- Twice in its history it has been completely destroyed by enemies.
Dundee Mini Guide
Dundee is the fourth largest city in Scotland and has an interesting history being more than 800 years old. Located on the east coast of Scotland and built on the banks of the River Tay, the area where the city of Dundee now stands has in fact been continually occupied since the Mesolithic area.
It grew in strength as a port town on the back of its wool trade, but then the main trade transferred to jute after it became easier to produce linen instead of wool. Today about 150,000 people live in Dundee and a great number of them are students who attend the University of Dundee.
Dundee has gained a reputation for being a centre for journalism and also a production hub for jam. It is thought that marmalade was first made in Dundee while the DC comics and the Dandy and Beano children’s publications come from Dundee. When you are in Dundee, a good starting point for a tour of the city is at the RSS Discovery warship in the dockyard as this is also in Discovery Quay where the tourist information office is located.
If you want to explore other parts of Scotland as well as seeing Dundee then car hire is the best way to do so.
It is a long way from Dundee to the other major cities of Aberdeen
(an hour and a quarter away), Edinburgh
(an hour and a half away to the south) and Glasgow
(two hours travelling distance).
However you can pick up your Rhino hire car from these other cities too. Dundee has it own airport which does flights to the other Scottish cities and some locations in England such as London City Airport
and Birmingham Airport
. Be aware that the accent is very thick in Dundee and many colloquialisms are used so English speakers may at times struggle to understand what is meant.
Latest Update from Dundee:
- If you want to spend a bit of your holiday time doing conservation work then every Tuesday in June you can join the group 'Conservation Action' who meet at their visitor centre in Crombie Park, Broughty Ferry, to carry out work to increase the biodiversity of the city.
- Those of you interested in reading or writing your own novels can get inspiration at the Dundee Literary Festival held between the 24th and 27th of October. A long list of famous names from the world of literature will be on hand, doing readings and also workshops for budding authors