Daily Car Hire Rates in Dundee Airport
*daily rates in Dundee Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Dundee Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Dundee Airport opened in 1963.
- Originally it operated with a grass runway.
- The airport is less than two miles from Dundee centre.
- 77,000 passengers used the airport last year.
- Only Cityjet and Blue Islands use the airport.
Dundee Airport Mini Guide
Dundee Riverside Airport has flights to other Scottish cities and some locations in England such as London City Airport and Birmingham Airport. However, the future of the airport is currently quite precarious as it was running at a loss for some time. That said there has been some speculation that Dundee Airport may start to cater to Scottish holiday makers by running flights to and from Spain.
The airport is easily accessible as it is only a few kilometres away from the centre of Dundee city. Having your Rhino rental car is the quickest and most efficient way of making the journey, following the A85 road into town. The A85 road will then join up with the A90 road, a main road which goes from Fraserburgh to Edinburgh
There are only two airlines operating regular flights from Dundee Airport and they are Cityjet and Air France. Cityjet does an Air France flight to London city airport, whilst Blue Islands have also begun a seasonal charter flight to Jersey.
From Dundee you can drive to the other major cities of Scotland with ease including Aberdeen which is an hour and a quarter away, Edinburgh which is an hour and a half away south and Glasgow which it two hours travelling distance to the south west. However you can pick up your Rhino hire car from these other cities.
Dundee is an impressive seaside city which has two universities. See it all with car hire Dundee and you are sure to save money on public transport. Dundee Airport is located at Riverside Drive, DD2 1UH. The contact number for the airport is 01382 662200.
Latest Update from Dundee Airport:
- Now owned by Highlands and Islands Airports, plans are underway to introduce new routes which are hampered somewhat by the inability to extend the runway. In the meantime, HIAL, are considering bussing people to its other major airport at Inverness for international flights.
- Flybe cancelled all its flights to and from Dundee Airport in December 2012 meaning that the airport is in danger of closing unless other flight partners can be found.