Daily Car Hire Rates in Muscat Airport
*daily rates in Muscat Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Muscat Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Muscat is the seat of Government in Oman.
- The landscape beyond the city walls is filled by the Western Al Hajar mountain range.
- Muscat International Airport is approximately 15 miles from the city.
- It has 2 runways, the longest being a substantial 3,500m in length.
- It received over 6.5 million passengers in 2011.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Muscat Airport
See the nearest petrol stations to Muscat Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Muscat Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Mini Guide to Muscat
Why fly to Muscat?
The airport serves the capital of the magical country of Oman, synonymous with the traditional view of Arabia. The country is not as commercialised as Abu Dhabi or Saudi Arabia and as such attracts tourists keen to see the Arabia of old. Muscat is the main draw with its souks, Kasbah and narrow golden sandstone buildings. Omani cuisine is sought after too with a mix of the spice of the Far East and the sweetness of the Middle East. Whatever you visit Oman for, be it business or pleasure, the country will rarely disappoint.
Getting to Muscat?
Muscat International Airport is the primary transport hub not only for Muscat but for Oman. Being its largest airport and serving the capital city, it is a very well developed airport. All major airlines operate to and from Muscat including BA and Oman Air which fly from London Heathrow. Car rental at Muscat Airport is easy to arrange online making collection of your car very simple on arrival and helps make the onward journey quick and easy. The road network from the airport to the capital is excellent, however there is also a good rail link. Buses, taxis and private transfers operate from the airport too.
What can I Expect at the Airport?
The current terminal has a reasonable range of facilities including the commended Woodlands Restaurant. WH Smith have an outlet at the airport selling books and souvenirs and for Muslim travellers, there are prayer rooms for men and women.
Latest Update from Muscat Airport:
- Muscat Airport's expansion plans are well underway with the new terminal on track for completion in 2014. This will increase the airport's capacity to 12m but additional plans will increase it by a further 36m by the middle of the century.