*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Fiumicino car hire
Hello, I would like to rent a car without a credit card In Fiumicino is it possible?
Hi, i'm sorry when collecting the car you must have a credit card in the main drivers name.
Fiumicino Car Hire - Did You Know?
- It’s famous more for its airport than anything else – Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport is the busiest in Italy and the 5th busiest in Europe.
- Until 1992 the city was part of Rome until granted its charter.
- The name Fiumicino means ‘little river’
- The people of Fiumicino are called Fiumicinesi.
- The city is an important fishing port and seaside resort.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Fiumicino
See the nearest petrol stations to Fiumicino below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Fiumicino to avoid any Refueling fees.
Fiumicino Mini Guide
Known for the hosting of Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport, Fiumicino is a town that is a part of the Rome province in Italy. As a popular sea resort, Fiumicino is great for holidays but it also possesses a huge fishing centre. Also, the Fiumicino Airport happens to be the prime gateway serving a lot of the air traffic into Rome. Alhough there is a reasonable and reliable public transportation system, car hire allows you to travel at your own pace and leisure.
Fiumicino is an area that whips up historical memories and the sites of Trojan Lake and Necropolis of Isola Sacra stands testimonial evidence to these claims. The Ship Museum and the Port are the other attractions that can be visited during the tour of Fiumicino, as the seafood restaurants there dole out lip smacking delicacies which go down well with the visitors. Spend a few of the hours of your Rome short break in Fiumicino and you'll soon appreciate the pace of life compared to the neighbouring capital.
Explorers also get excited when they pay a visit to Ostia Antica, known for the excavations, as the site brings back memories of the ancient Roman period.
Rome has been a source of enchantment right from the past, and the glorious reign continues, as the many attractions there cater to the varied tastes of travellers.
Latest Update from Fiumicino:
- More people are taking our advice and spending their stay in Fiumicino and travelling into Rome each day. The more relaxing pace of life together with the sights, sounds and tastes of the town are enticing enough before you think of the savings on accommodation costs.