Daily Car Hire Rates in Killarney
*daily rates in Killarney based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Killarney Car Hire - Did You Know?
- The MacGillicuddy Reeks are situated to the south of Killarney.
- Near to Killarney is a narrow mountain pass known as the Gap of Dunloe.
- In 2007 Killarney was recognised as one of the best kept towns in Ireland.
- Killarney is located in the south west of Ireland.
- The N22 is the main road in and out of Killarney.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Killarney
See the nearest petrol stations to Killarney below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Killarney to avoid any Refueling fees.
Killarney Mini Guide
Many tourists visit Killarney and use rental cars because of its proximity to the Ring of Kerry which is one of the most famous scenic drives in all of Ireland. You really should take the chance to see the amazing countryside of Ireland as there is nothing quite like it anywhere else in the world.
Killarney itself is a very pretty town which was awarded the title of the best kept town in Ireland twice, the last time being in 2011. There is plenty of greenery around and people keep their gardens in immaculate condition.
Apart from its natural highlights, the town has a 2,200 seat concert venue called INEC which, every week hosts shows, concerts and more, so if you get that famous and frequent Irish weather, just head to INEC to be entertained in the dry.
To get to Killarney you drive along the national primary route which is known as the N22. If you are coming from the west you take the N72 and the N71 comes from Bantry in the south.
Although all of these routes are served by trains you will find having a car gives you the flexibility to see places which are not near to the train stations themselves. With our unlimited mileage offer you can do a full tour of Ireland taking in all the major cities including Dublin
, Cork and Limerick
If you are flying in then the nearest airport is Kerry Airport and you can also pick up a hire car from there.
Killarney is known for being very sporty and as well as teams that play traditional sports like football you can also see Gaelic games.
Latest Update from Killarney:
- A new initiative introduced by the tourist authority is called 'Walk Killarney'. Several routes have been planned and signposted, many of them available with free guides that will walk with you. Full details, including directions for the unguided walks can be found at www.killarney.ie.