Daily Car Hire Rates in Gyor
*daily rates in Gyor based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Gyor Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Gyor is part of the Western Transdanubia region.
- The city is the capital of the Gyor Moson Sopron county.
- Gyor is twinned with 11 other cities worldwide.
- The Gyor cathedral is built in Romanesque style.
- Another tourist attraction is the national theatre of Gyor.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Gyor
See the nearest petrol stations to Gyor below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Gyor to avoid any Refueling fees.
Gyor Mini Guide
Halfway between Vienna and Budapest
lies the city of Gyor in the north west of Hungary. Because it is near to one of Hungary's most important roads hiring a car in Gyor is a good way of getting around. The M1 takes you to either of these major cities and if you are coming to or from Lake Balaton you can go along the routes 81 or 82. If you need some help with directions we even have satellite navigation systems available cheaply.
Gyor is also close to the borders with Slovakian and Austria
so ask us about making a cross border journey if that is what you are planning.
This is an important and ancient city which is the capital of the Gyor Moson Sopron County. Everywhere you look is an architectural delight with intricate and colourful buildings to marvel at in the city centre. You can see sights like the curious and intriguing Trinity Statue which lies in the centre of town. In fact most of the tourist attractions are concentrated in the city centre so you would do well to park your vehicle and take a stroll around.
The baroque architecture is delightful, as is the feel of cobbled streets under your feet. Make sure to see the reliquary of king Ladislaus the first, the city hall and the Basicila of Gyor. Remember that we have car hire from Gyor Airport also, as is the possibility of picking up cars from the nearby terminals in Vienna and Budapest and driving to Gyor.
Latest Update from Gyor:
- From April this year you've been able to get a bird's eye view of Gyor and its river network with a sight seeing trip in a plane from Gyor Airport. The Gyori Aero Klub at www.aeroclub-gyor.hu will give you more details.