Daily Car Hire Rates in Chios Airport
*daily rates in Chios Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Chios Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- The airport is also called Omiros Airport.
- Flights there are mostly internal to Greece.
- All but two airlines operate scheduled only services to Chios.
- The only charter destinations are Oslo and Amsterdam.
- Last year 350,000 people passed through its terminal.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Chios Airport
See the nearest petrol stations to Chios Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Chios Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Chios Airport Mini Guide
Chios Airport serves the island of Chios, which is the fifth biggest island in Greece. It measures about 50 kilometres long and 29 kilometres wide. So with a car and unlimited mileage you can see most of it during your stay. The airport is actually located in Kampos, which is a little way south of Chios, so hiring a car at the airport is sure to serve you well. Chios Airport is also known as Chios Island National Airport or Omiros. It has the airport code JKH and is a well connected airport with many flights to European airports.
During the summer the airport is considerably busier - a good reason to advance book your vehicle. From Chios there are both domestic and international flights going from the airport. For instance Transavaia Airlines goes to Amsterdam in Holland, while Sky Greece Express flies to Heraklion
, Limnos and Rhodes
. Olympic Air goes to Mytilene and Athens Airlines goes to Athens and Thessaloniki, the two biggest cities in Greece. In terms of charter flights you can go to Ljubljana with Adria Airways. This public airport is operated by the Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority.
Latest Update from Chios Airport:
- Interest has grown in the island of Chios, partly as it was the birthplace of Homer - not of Simpsons fame though! - and partly because of the variety of scenery encountered in its landscape. Booming passenger numbers have led to a dearth of rental cars at the airport on occasions and it's highly recommended, especially at peak times, that you pre-book your hire car immediately after booking your holiday.