Daily Car Hire Rates in Biarritz
*daily rates in Biarritz based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Biarritz Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Biarritz is situated in the Aquitaine region and the Pyrénées-Atlantiques department.
- Biarritz is actually part of the Basque territory and you can see Basque flags wherever you go.
- For relaxation you can visit the thalasso therapy centre at Thermes Marins where a half-day pass allows use of warm sea water pools and the steam room.
- The central market located in Rue de Halles offers loads of yummy fresh food.
- Biarritz has a number of nightclubs including the famous La Copa.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Biarritz
See the nearest petrol stations to Biarritz below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Biarritz to avoid any Refueling fees.
Biarritz Mini Guide
The Bay of Biscay is home to the south western French city of Biarritz. The city is a popular tourist destination due to the variety of things to do and see in the area. From luxury beaches, music and culture there is something for all in Biarritz.
There are five popular beaches in the area which are great for participating in water sports such as surfing and jet skis. Some examples include Cote des Basque; its low tides there reveal rocks, and Marbella beach which is somewhat of a hideaway due to it only being accessible by many steps. Central is Grande Plage Beach, which is very popular with tourists mainly due to the shops being so close and the city centre where there are many hotels. To get away from the crowds, take in the huge windswept dunes to the south of the city where you can watch the Atlantic rollers crash on the beach below you.
Culture can be found there without the need for lengthy drives, just park up your hire car and you can stroll around the city stumbling across many sites. On Avenue Beau Rivage you will find the delightful Musee du Chocolat Biarritz. Inside the building is a range of information and exhibits detailing the past 300 years of chocolate. The trip there wouldn't be complete without sampling the delicacy so guests are recommended to go to the Choco Shop in the museum. There you will find unique chocolate products such as chocolate wine and lozenges. The sweets come in many forms and are highly decorated making for perfect gifts.
The Casino Barriere is located near the populated Grande Plage where you can play table games and use over 200 slot machines. The Musee Historique de Biarritz is another attraction worth visiting and is open daily. Throughout the year you can find many events including the Rip Curl Music Festival in August.
Latest Update from Biarritz:
- Biarritz is something of an enigma. On one hand a playground for the young, especially surfers and on the other hand trying to be a genteel riviera style city for France's celebrity faction. You'll get the best of both worlds during your visit and be surprised just how cosmopolitan Biarritz really is.