Daily Car Hire Rates in Angers Airport
*daily rates in Angers Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Angers Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Angers is famous for having lots of fresh fruit and flowers due to its fertile position on the banks of the Maine River.
- This public airport is run by the Société de Gestion de l'Aéroport Angers-Marcé (SGAAM).
- Angers has been settled since Roman times and today it has more than 150,000 inhabitants.
- One of the main landmarks of Angers is the Chateau Angers which is a magnificent Loire valley fortress.
- There used to be a flight from Angers Airport to Tunis in Tunisia but this service was recently suspended due to trouble in the region after the Arab Spring uprising.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Angers Airport
See the nearest petrol stations to Angers Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Angers Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Angers Airport Mini Guide
Why Should I Travel to Angers?
Angers is an attractive city with a beautiful medieval heart. Its main attraction is the huge castle which is worth visiting just for its scale but inside you’ll find arguably the finest piece of medieval tapestry in the wall hanging representing the apocalypse. Thought to be about 700 years old it was discovered by chance in 1937 and after careful restoration has hung in the castle since. The city has many museums and galleries dedicated to local and classical history together with fine examples of French art and sculpture. Beyond the city you have the beautiful Loire Valley with its fairy tale chateaux.
How do I get to Angers?
The city has its own airport called Angers-Loire which is 12 miles away from the city. Excellent bus and taxi links to the city mean that you can be in Angers within twenty minutes of collecting your luggage. Flights are operated by Danubewings to Nice and British Airways to London City airport, a route that begins in May this year.
What’s the Airport Like?
From the outside it looks a reasonable size but looks can be deceptive. The terminal’s floor area is quite small and so at times when flights arrive soon after each other things can get a little squashed.
What Will it be Like When I Arrive?
It’s a short walk from the plane to the terminal and there can be a short delay whilst passports are checked as there are only two desks for this. Once luggage has been retrieved and you’ve made your way out into the arrivals hall you will need to ask airport staff for any assistance as there isn’t a dedicated information desk here. The staff are knowledgeable and can assist with most enquiries including providing help for travellers with reduced mobility. There are no banks or ATMs at the airport so you’ll have to wait until you get to Angers before withdrawing cash. Car hire is easily located and if you’ve pre-booked your car the procedure is quick and simple to get you underway. Organising the rental before leaving home is advisable as not many cars are available without prior booking.
And on the Day of my Departure?
The limited number of check in desks means that it can be a lengthy wait even though flights have a smaller number of passengers from Angers. After check in you’ll find there are no shops at all apart from a small kiosk selling newspapers, drinks and confectionery. There is a small café so you won’t go hungry but you may still want to bring some food and drink, especially for group members with particular tastes. If you have your laptop with you, there is free Wi-Fi available at the airport. For children, a dedicated area is provided where they can play or draw, supervised by a staff member meaning that you can sort out all of the necessary paperwork without having to juggle young children.
Latest Update from Angers Airport:
- Flights to Angers Airport have become fewer over the last few years as the recession began to bite. Now with only two flights, concerns are being raised as to the viability of the airport although the owning company is in talks with other airlines to try to bring more flights back to the city.