Daily Car Hire Rates in Ajaccio
*daily rates in Ajaccio based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Ajaccio Car Hire - Did You Know?
- If you are in Ajaccio then you can also use Ajaccio Airport which has French and international flights.
- Most tourists go to Ajaccio to see the house in which Napoleon was born and the Casa Buonaparte has been well preserved.
- The city of Ajaccio is located 390 kilometres to the southeast of Marseille and it is split up into quarters and cantons.
- Having been founded in 1492, until 1755 Corsica and Ajaccio were considered part of the Republic of Genoa.
- Ajaccio only has a small economy which is based on producing things like macaroni and cigars.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Ajaccio
See the nearest petrol stations to Ajaccio below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Ajaccio to avoid any Refueling fees.
Ajaccio Mini Guide
Ajaccio is the capital city of Corsica
, a French island which lies in the Mediterranean Sea. To fly there you'll find the majority of flights are with Air France from the mainland although easyJet operate a flight from London Gatwick. There are also some ferry connections with mainland France. Nice, Marseille and Toulon
are some of the main ferry routes.
The ferry routes get very busy in the summer and so pre booking is advisable. The most famous person to come from Ajaccio is the great Corsican general Napoleon Bonaparte. The house where he was born has been turned into a museum and attracts quite a few visitors every year. In terms of places to stay in Ajaccio there are a couple of modest hotels, the Bella Vista and the Hotel Dauphin.
When you are driving, Ajaccio is also connected by the N193 to Bastelicaccia. Although Ajaccio is a commune it contains six different cantons and a population of about 100,000 people live in the area of Great Ajaccio. The commune is centred around a major port which welcomes all kinds of boats and makes a good place to go for a stroll at night. Tourists are mainly attracted to Ajaccio because of the excellent weather which gets particularly hot in the summer and often goes above 30 degrees.
If you are booking with us at this particularly hot time of year make sure to specify that you want a car with air con for your maximum comfort.
Latest Update from Ajaccio:
- Whilst Ajaccio is mainly considered a city destination, there are a number of picturesque trails marked outside the city which take in some spectacular scenery such as gorges, headlands and coastal views out to small islands. For more information take a look at www.ajaccio-tourisme.com