Daily Car Hire Rates in Tallinn Airport
*daily rates in Tallinn Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Tallinn Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Tallinn Airport is properly called Lennart Meri Tallinn International Airport.
- The airport was built in 1932.
- It’s the home airport of national carrier Estonian Air.
- The airport is located 2 miles from the city centre.
- 1.9 million passengers used the airport last year.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Tallinn Airport
See the nearest petrol stations to Tallinn Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Tallinn Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Tallinn Airport Mini Guide
Tallinn Airport, or Lennart Meri Airport is Estonia's main airport as well as the base for Estonian Air. The national airline has flights from Tallinn Airport to destinations such as Amsterdam
, Berlin Tegel, Copenhagen, Kiev Boryspil, London Gatwick
, Paris Charles de Gaulle and Rome Fiumicino, as well as some seasonal routes.
Lennart Meri Tallinn International Airport has become the new name for Tallinn Airport in honour of the former Estonian president Lennart Meri. The airport has been around since 1932. Initially it had lots of international flight companies using it but this was impacted by the World War II. From 1945 to 1989 Aeroflot was the only airline to run from Tallinn Airport.
Tallinn Airport has the unique international airport code IATA - TLL. As the largest airport in Estonia it has many domestic and international flights. The airport is located four kilometres from the centre of Tallinn. Hiring a car at the airport is a good way to get to the city centre easily. As Tallinn Airport is situated on the eastern shore of Lake Ulemiste you can also take beautiful scenic drives in your car.
When you arrive back at Tallinn Airport you will find that this is a reasonably sized airport with a long runway and a number of terminal gates to deal with all the passengers that use it. Annually there are something in the region of 1.9 million international passengers going through Tallinn Airport and 22,000 domestic passengers.
Latest Update from Tallinn Airport:
- The airport is seeing rapid increases in the number of passengers using it each year with a 38% increase last year. The airport will reach capacity by eighteen months time and plans are already in place for a new terminal, expansion of the existing terminal and extension of the runway before 2014.