Daily Car Hire Rates in Lanzarote
*daily rates in Lanzarote based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Lanzarote car hire
Hi Fiona, we are looking to hire a car, but confused about the prices of insurance any information on this please?
Hi, no problem at all. All cars include the basic insurance required to drive the car legally, as with any car insurance policy, if you made a claim there would be an excess to pay and its typically a lot more than a domestic policy and can be as much as £1,000. We offer Full Protection insurance that protects that deposit, so if it were claimed, you then claim back from our policy so there is no cost to you. Or you could take the rental agents direct policy that will offer you on collection, this removed the excess deposit in full, however this policy is usually significantly more expensive as payable on arrival. Both of course, are optional and you are not required to take either, they just offer an element of security against your deposit. Does that help?
Lanzarote Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Lanzarote is the easternmost of the Canary Islands, only seventy miles from Africa.
- The island was originally called Titerroygatra meaning ‘Red Mountains’.
- It’s home to the largest underwater volcanic tunnel called ‘The Tunnel of Atlantis’.
- Lanzarote was the first of the Canary Islands to be settled.
- It was called the Garden of the Hesperids by Herodotus, Plato and Pliny for the flowers and fruit grown there.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Lanzarote
See the nearest petrol stations to Lanzarote below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Lanzarote to avoid any Refueling fees.
Lanzarote Mini Guide
Parts of Lanzarote look like craters on the moon thanks to the volcanic origin which has made the island’s scenery dramatic. But this sometimes desolate island which is the most easterly of the Canary Islands is surrounded by the beautiful blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean making it a favourite with European holiday makers. They arrive in their droves year after year as they are almost guaranteed fine, hot weather and an enjoyable holiday in a place which caters to all the needs of tourists. Lanzarote car hire is very popular in the peak summer season and it is recommended that you book early to secure cheap car hire in Lanzarote.
Lanzarote is actually the fourth largest of the Canary Islands and its temperatures are usually in the 20s (degrees Celsius) with very little rainfall. The island has many beaches which in turn have many different types of sand. In the north of the island the sand will be white while golden and even black sands can be found in other parts of Lanzarote.
Visitors to Lanzarote should not leave without seeing the Atlantida tunnel. This geological marvel is the largest volcanic tunnel in the world and stretches around seven kilometres under the island. The Atlantida tunnel is full of amazing caves and lagoons such as the Jameos del Agua and La Cueva de los Verdes.
For fantastic value pre-book and pick up car hire in Lanzarote from Arrecife Airport on arrival and that way you are sorted for transport as soon as you arrive. Hiring a car in Lanzarote is more comfortable than public transport and would save money compared to taxis in the long run.
Los Poscillos is located about 3km from Puerto del Carmen and is a quiet and peaceful resort. The largest beach is Playa de los Pocillos for which you could rent a budget car. Three commercial centres make up the resort – Los Pocillos, Costa Mar and Jameous Playa.
Commercial Centre Matagorda offers a good choice of restaurants, bars and shops. The Rancho Texas Park is just outside of Puerto del Carmen. It offers a good day out for the family and evening entertainment is also available. Buses run through Matagorda between the capital, Arrecife, and Puerto del Carmen.
Best Irish Pubs in Lanzarote:
Calle Doramas, 8, 35510 Tías, Las Palmas, Spain
Av. de las Playas, 13, 35510 Tías, Las Palmas, Spain
- C. Punta Limones, L.31, 35580 Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Las Palmas, Spain
Calle Roque Nublo, 21, 35510 Puerto del Carmen, Las Palmas, Spain
Slattery’s Traditional Irish Bar
Av. de las Playas, 35510 Tías, Las Palmas, Spain
Latest Update from Lanzarote:
– The road running between La Santa and Emerian, popular with many cyclists, has finally been resurfaced.
- One of the most bizarre distance runs takes place in Lanzarote on the 10th June this year. The Fourth Lanzarote Wine Run is a run which takes place over a course of 21.1 kilometres and includes several stops for wine tasting along the way. Whether you make it to the end in the allotted five hours is another matter but there's also a 10k walk that follows a route to the same wineries. It's open to all.