Daily Car Hire Rates in Perth Airport
*daily rates in Perth Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Perth Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Perth Airport is the main airport serving Africa due to its geographical location.
- It has international and domestic terminals but they're seven miles apart!
- The airport is strategically placed on the Great Eastern Highway and the Tonkin Highway.
- Over 11 million passengers used the airport last year.
- The busiest routes are to Singapore and Melbourne.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Perth Airport
See the nearest petrol stations to Perth Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Perth Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Perth Airport Mini Guide (PER)
Over eleven million passengers use Perth Airport terminals each year. It’s a modern airport with excellent facilities. The only downside to the airport is that its domestic and international terminals are some distance apart requiring a shuttle service between them for connecting flights costing $8 for anyone over 5 years old although Quantas passengers can use it for free! Parking is simple and a free shuttle connects it with the terminals. A masterplan for dealing with rapidly increasing passenger numbers has suffered a number of setbacks, watering down its proposals but despite concerns over sustainability and environmental friendliness, aspects of it which will help reduce congestion are underway.
Over thirty airlines, international scheduled and domestic, use the airport with many international flights arriving from Africa and the Middle East. It is served by several Australian budget airlines including Virgin Blue.
Getting to Your Destination
There are no trains from the airport but it’s only 20 minutes to the city centre and you can take the Connect shuttle to either Perth centre or Freemantle. The Freemantle route can drop off and pick up at specific destinations if advised in advance. The No. 37 public bus operated by TransPerth connects the domestic terminal only with various stops in the city. The routes and timetable are available at the bus stop outside the terminal or at airport information. Taxis are another convenient option and can be taken from the rank outside the airport.
For those collecting a hire car from the airport, the car hire companies can be found in a separate building accessed by turning left outside the international terminal or by a 200m walk to a separate building to the left of the domestic terminal. As with most airports, queues can develop when a number of flights land in close succession and it’s often worth sending the driver on ahead whilst other group members collect the baggage. The airport is on the Great Eastern and Tonkin Highways and has fast links to much of Western Australia. The road system around the state is excellent with clearly signed roads.
There’s an airport information desk in the arrivals and departures public areas together with a Western Australia tourist information desk. Make sure you go to the relevant desk as waiting at the wrong desk will waste your time.
- Banking facilities and bureaux de change can be found on all three levels of the airport and again beyond security. ATMs are also found on each level too. There is a wide range of light meals available at a host of food outlets on all floors of the airport. Additionally there are bars and cafes on all levels.
- The range of duty free shopping is limited to the 1st Duty Free outlet selling typical duty free goods such as wine and spirits, cigarettes and perfume and a small number of high street names such as Rip Curl surf wear, Sunglass Hut and Virgin Music. Of more interest to tourists are the shops selling authentic Australian products.
- Free wireless internet is available throughout the airport making it very business friendly. The airport takes its disabled credentials very seriously and provides assistance as well as ensuring that all public areas are accessible for the disabled. Other facilities include a secure wrapped baggage service for luggage and a lost and left luggage facility for errant baggage.
- The airport prides itself on being family friendly and a dedicated room has been set aside for parents of babies and toddlers to feed and change them in quiet and privacy. There’s also an outdoor secure children’s play area to keep little ones occupied.
Latest Update from Perth Airport:
- Bear in mind that unless you fly in and out of Perth, you won't be getting very far, It's so remote from other cities in Australia that many of them are a five or six hour flight away. The airport is currently ranked the worst for service and overcrowding in Australia but plans to open a Terminal WA later this year should help.