Daily Car Hire Rates in Ballina Airport
*daily rates in Ballina Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Ballina Airport car hire
Hi I am looking at hiring a Hyundai Getz from Ballina Airport or similar and am intersted to know more about insurance, how much it costs to insure per day
Hi, standard insurance is included in all of our rentals, however if you wanted to take up our Full Protection insruance (to protect your rental excess / deposit) you will be given the option to accept with or without Full Protection when proceeding to book. The daily rate varies on the duration of the rental, but is typically around $10 per day, however this is confirmed when you progress your quote.
Ballina Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Ballina Airport was renamed Ballina Byron Gateway Airport in 2005 to try to attract more custom
- Over 400,000 passengers used Ballina Byron gateway last year.
- The airport serves the town of Ballina and the area of Byron Bay
- The airport mainly handles passengers from Sydney who travel there for the unspoilt countryside and quiet beaches.
- The beaches around Ballina are noted for their excellent surf attracting many enthusiasts who use the airport to get there.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Ballina Airport
See the nearest petrol stations to Ballina Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Ballina Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Ballina Airport Mini Guide
Ballina is almost on the border of New South Wales and Queensland meaning that you can explore both in your hire car. Near the town is Byron Bay which is the most easterly point on the Australian mainland. There’s much to see and do in the area.
Most people go to enjoy the peace and quiet of the area spending their days lazing on the beautiful secluded beaches or enjoying the excellent fishing on the creeks of the Richmond River. The climate is perfect there with warm temperatures all year round and with summer temperatures in the eighties. There’s much more to see in the area too.
For those with a sense of fun, Ballina holds the record for the largest concrete and fibre glass prawn mounted on top of the Big Prawn snack bar! Hiring a car from rhinocarhire.com will enable you to explore yet further afield. Brisbane
in Queensland is less than two hours away and if you take the coast road, you’ll be rewarded with unspoilt coastlines and plenty of little coves to cool off in.
The town is noted in history for it was where Charles Kingsford Smith crossed the Australian coast in his plane ‘Southern Cross’, completing the first non-stop crossing of the Pacific. There too, the balsa wood rafts of the Las Balsas expedition came ashore after sailing across the ocean. It’s the perfect place for a long weekend, so book your flight, accommodation and your car hire today.
Latest Update from Ballina Airport:
- Ballina Byron Gateway continues to grow in terms of passenger numbers and work is about to start on revamping the terminal as well as constructing a separate taxiway onto the runway and providing improved facilities inside the teminal to speed increasing numbers of passengers through the airport process.