Daily Car Hire Rates in Alice Springs
*daily rates in Alice Springs based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Alice Springs car hire
I find a good offer on your site for a renting in Alice springs, but the kilometers are limited, can i have the same offer with unlimited km?
Hello, mileage restirctions vary from agent to agent, some will have limited mileage and some will have unlimited. You can view this under 'terms and conditions' / Included in the Rate.
Alice Springs Car Hire - Did You Know?
- The town stands on the Todd River which is almost always dry.
- The town was named after the wife of South Australia's Postmaster General whilst the river was named after him.
- The original form of transport here was camels.
- It's home to the 139 mile Larapinta trail, considered one of the world's finest walks.
- The School of the Air operates from there teaching children by internet and video in remote locations.
Alice Springs Mini Guide
The outback outpost of Alice Springs in Australia is one of the most surreal towns you could ever visit and is a great place to explore. Most people go there to hike through the wilderness of the Northern Territory and see such iconic sights as Ayers Rock
. In fact these visitors are part of the reason why this small town of 24,000 people has grown steadily over the years. Because of its popularity with tourists, Alice Springs has its own airport and despite the small size of the town it is possible to fly there from all of Australia's major cities (Sydney
etc) with Qantas airlines.
Being in the desert, Alice Springs often has water shortages and is not the place for travellers who are only interested in comfort. Don't be put off though by the thought of having to rough it, for having said that, many of the town's hotels have upscaled to attract more affluent travellers and a number of the hotels have earned five stars. But if you want to have an adventure and explore sights like Kings Canyon and the strange stone shapes of Kata Tjuta you will find Alice Springs unforgettable. One word of caution, if you can avoid it don't visit in December or January (the height of Australia's summer) when the scorching temperatures can be dangerous.
Alice Springs is a good place to see wonderful desert scenes and weird rock formations. Also don't miss the spell binding sunsets and the clear night skies when the entire Milky Way is visible. If you plan to use a hire car in Alice Springs then leave plenty of time and take lots of water - it's about 18 hours from Adelaide
though the roads are in good condition.
Latest Update from Alice Springs:
- Alice Springs is renowned for its irreverent outlook on life. As well as the many bona fide attractions, it hosts some very tongue-in-cheek ones such as its own take on the Henley Regatta, called Henley-on-Todd, camel races, a Beanie festival and the desert festival, a celebration of life in a desert