Cheapest car hire in Christ Church
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Christ Church based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='7054' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='7054' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Christ Church
- Christ Church is one of the original six parishes established in 1629.
- It’s home to the last remaining mangrove swamp on the island.
- St Lawrence Gap is the renowned party area of Christ Church.
- Shirley Chisholm, the first black woman to be elected to the US House of Representatives was born there.
- The current church replaced the original that was washed away in 1669.
Christ Church Mini Guide
Christ Church is a beautiful parish on the south coast of Barbados. It encompasses the international airport at Grantley Adams
as well as some of the best beaches on the island. The south coast strip of Christ Church is one of the most attractive parts of Barbados for tourists. There are lots of restaurants and the hotels are reasonably priced especially compared to their more expensive counterparts on the west coast.
St Lawrence Gap is packed full of bars and nightclubs which offer everything from Salsa dancing to the latest reggae dance hall sounds. There is the Ship Inn where you can eat before jamming to live bands. Recommended properties in this area include Ocean One and Ocean Two which are available to purchase, or the Sea Breeze Hotel which is just off the Maxwell Coast Road. Sea Breeze has access to one of the best beaches on the island, superior suites and great water sports facilities.
The best place to eat local food in Christ Church is the fish market Oistins. It has been wonderfully renovated recently to incorporate lots of fantastic little cook houses and bars with music. Unfortunately the prices are quite a bit higher than they should be. But this is as good a place as any to try scrumptious local food which includes flying fish cutters on freshly baked salt bread with just a dash of hot sauce.
Latest Update from Christ Church:
- A new concept club has opened in St Lawrence Gap called Lipgloss. It has taken over the former After Dark club and offers clubbers an exciting and cutting edge dance experience. Telephone 2464182821 for bookings.